chapter fourteen

real life, imessage

TW: teen drinking

chris had been looking around the house for a few minutes now. lilith had got separated from him around the time they got there and he hasn't seen her since.

he looks into the living room, and his heart drops.

is that lilith?

he takes a step closer to see a blonde guy with his tongue down lilith's throat. chris immediately looks away.

some guy was getting handsy with lilith- his lilith!

christopher walks away from the crowd and into the kitchen, grabbing a red solo cup and downing the awful liquid.

why would lilith kiss another guy after what they have going on right now? whatever it is...

chris finds himself drinking a fourth cup of beer and then walking into the backyard. someone who looks very familiar walks up, flirting with him. he flirts back, feeling the effect of the alcohol take on very quickly.

soon enough, he's sitting down with the blonde girl, making out drunkenly. but the only thing going through his mind is lilith. why she would kiss that douchebag, why she would betray him like that, why she would lead him on...

why would she absolutely shatter his heart if she wasn't his girlfriend? why did it hurt so much to see her with another man?

chris shakes the stupid questions out of his head and focuses on this familiar girl in front of him.

nick and matt went home with lilith, supporting her and attempting to make her feel better.

she cried the entire way home, the entirety of her shower that nick says was 'supposed to help her feel better', and until she fell asleep from exhaustion that night.

how could she be so stupid to let that guy give her alcohol and get her drunk enough to kiss him? she didn't want to kiss anyone at that party! even more, she didn't want chris to think she wanted to kiss anyone at that party.

why was she so hung up on chris finding out? what is the deal with the butterflies that hang out in her stomach when he's around? why was she an absolute mess right now?

-

lilith wakes up to see a glass of water and advil sitting beside her on the table. her head starts pounding, so she takes the medicine.

slowly, she rises out of the bed, the happenings of last night are foggy and all she really remembers is crying in the car on the way back to the sturniolo's.

she stumbles through the hallway, still feeling slightly drunk, and finds the bathroom. she brushes her teeth, getting the nasty aftertaste of beer out of her mouth.

when she exits the bathroom, she hears matt and nick talking amongst each other.

"morning." she gets their attention, and grabs a bowl from the cabinet. after putting together her cereal, she sits down beside matthew.

"can someone please fill me in on what happened last night?" lilith pleads, beginning to eat her cereal. as the guys explain what they saw, the memories flash back to her.

"you told me you didn't want me to tell chris." nick says, looking across the table at her. "but, i think he might know."

"how?" lilith quickly looks up at him. "why do you think that?"

"he came home drunk last night with some girl. they're still asleep in his room, i guess." nick explains to her. lilith's face drops and she sets the spoon down, feeling very nauseated.