4//~dearest friend~

What a marvelous feeling would it be,
if we could say exactly how we felt?

What a monumental victory.

What a terrifying thought.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

Fort of Chittorgarh, Rajputana...

Kunwar Pratap laid amongst his Ranima's belongings. He hugged her dupatta close to his chest. His eyes were red and swollen from little sleep and crying all night.

Why had she left him when he had done everything she had said he should do?

The memory of her closing the door on his face resurfaced and his heart ached at the thought. He took another sip of the madira Chhotima had sent for him. It had been weeks since she had left and suddenly the world had faded away, nothing mattered. Nothing except the madira, it brought him peace.

His only escape from this harsh reality.

"Kunwar Pratap," Rani Dheerbaiji called out. He looked up at her barely reacting.

"Chhotima," He said in acknowledgment.

"Aapko rajsi kariyo mein bhaag lena hoga Kunwar Pratap!" she said pulling him up to stand on his feet. He melted away not really caring about anything.

"Hume kisi kariye mein ruchi nahi hain," he replied mumbling most of the words.

"Ruchi leni hogi aapko! Aap Rana Uday Singh ke putra hain!" she said pulling him up to stand. This time Kunwar Pratap remained standing. She circled him as she continued her preaching.

"Rana Sanga, Rana Kumbha, Bappa Rawal! Sabne matra bhoomi ke liye apne pran de diye aur aap aise ladkiyo ke bhati ro rahe hain?" she asked.

"Chhotima-"

"Lajja ani chaiye aapko! Rana Sanga ek ankh aur ek haath kut jane ke paschat bhi ludte rahe aur aap? Jija ke matra mahal chhodne se sab haar bethe?" she continued circling and bereating him.

"Hum chahte hain ki aap sena prasikshan aarambh karde. Goshna karvaiye aur aarambh kar dijiye. Apne purvajo ko kumse kum moo chhipane pe majboor na kijiye," Dheerbaiji added.

"Ji Chhotima," Kunwar Pratap replied knowing his mother only wanted the best for him.

Rani Dheerbai nodded sympathetically and caressed his cheek.

"Apne putre se adhik prem karte hain hum aapko," she sobbed all of a sudden. "You nahi dekh sakte aapko. Apna dharam nibhaye Kunwar Pratap,"

Kunwar Pratap nodded guilt-ridden that his mother had to cry 'cause of him and Rani Dheerbaiji walked out of the room feeling accomplished.

"Dasi, madira samay se Kunwar Pratap ke kuksh mein pohcha dena," she said smirking. The servant nodded and left.

The queen was walking down the hallway when she ran into Rani Sajjabai and Rani Veerbai. She rolled her eyes at them.

"Sajja jija, bhojan ban gaya?" Dheerbaiji asked.

"Ji-ji behna," Rani Sajjabai replied. Despite being the older queen, she did not have the skill nor the courage to become the Maharani.

Wherever You Stray, I Follow (Kunwar Pratap/Ajabde [PrAja])जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें