Foreboding

Lil check in with dreamy boi

TW: excessive worry/anxiety

Previously...

"Yeah," George replied, voice barely louder than a whisper. Something felt wrong. It was a familiar type of wrong, but that didn't make it any better. "Um... I'm really tired... I'll call you back tonight."

"Wait, Geor-" George hung up, eyes rolling back into his head just moments later. His body lay sprawled out against his bed, unmoving. The only sign of life was the slow rise and fall of his chest, an abnormally slow heartbeat keeping him alive.

He was running out of time.

3rd Person P.O.V.

Dream paced back and forth, arms folded behind his back. His features were contorted into a worried frown, anxiety about his friend really starting to get to him. Four days ago, George had hung up on him and Sapnap abruptly. That had been the last Dream had heard from George, and that scared him. They talked every day, even if it was just over text. So for Dream to not hear from George for this long... it really scared him.

It wasn't like Dream wasn't trying to get in touch with George. He had texted him probably 50 times, sent him snaps and discord chats, and called him repeatedly. Still, there was no sign of the brunette.

Dream was getting scared for his friend. On his computer, he had a tab open with plane tickets to London. Of course, he hadn't actually bought any, but he was seriously considering it. It was for George's own good. Dream wouldn't be able to live with himself if something happened to George and he could've stopped it. So he had decided that he would buy a ticket to London if he didn't hear from George in the next 24 hours. Which he thought was pretty reasonable.

Dream didn't want to have to buy a ticket. He would only do it for George's safety. As much as he wanted to meet the brunette in person, George had expressed a disinterest in meeting up, and Dream would respect that. Unless he had a good reason not to.

Dream picked up his phone, frowning at the notifications. None of them were from George. He had a few texts from Sapnap, one from Karl (another one of their friends, he was friends with Sapnap), and one from his mom asking how he was doing. Dream smiled lightly, responding to his mom quickly before deciding to call George.

He held his phone close to his ear, hearing it ring several times before going to voicemail. Dream frowned, letting his arm fall to his side. Where was George? He had to be getting Dream's calls... he knew that George had his phone set up so that Dream's calls would always go through, even if his phone was silenced. So he had to be getting the calls. Unless something had happened to him...

Immediately, dozens of terrible reasons why George wasn't answering flew through his head. He could be hurt, or sick, or maybe he was kidnapped! Maybe he broke his phone, or maybe-

Maybe George thought Dream was upset. Maybe he was mad at himself. He had disappeared after their call... maybe George was afraid of losing him and Sapnap?

Dream shook his head, frowning. He quickly called George again, desperately hoping for a response. And when his phone stopped ringing, he wasn't brought to voicemail.

"GEORGE?" Dream screeched, eyes wide. "George? Are you there? Please respond!" He was so worried, almost fearing George's response.

"Hi."

He and George spoke briefly, and the whole time Dream couldn't help but feel that something was very, very wrong. All of the brunette's responses were short and vague, plus his voice sounded weird. Dream was certain that something was going on... but he knew George was at least okay enough to answer the phone. He had left the call abruptly, but not before saying he would call back tonight.

So Dream did the only thing he could do.

He waited.

He waited, and waited, and waited. His anxiety only grew with every hour that passed without a call from George. Their call earlier, albeit brief, had raised several concerns. George wasn't okay, and Dream knew that. But he didn't know what to do about it. What could he do about it?

Finally, Dream had given up on waiting. He called George, listening to his phone ring... and ring, and ring. When he heard George's voicemail, Dream threw his phone onto his bed.

"FUCK!" He yelled, grabbing the sides of his head. He was so scared for George. Something was going on, and George was trying to pretend it was nothing. It wasn't nothing. Dream didn't know what it was, but it couldn't be good. George wasn't okay. None of this was okay.

Dream wished George would confide in him, but he knew it was unlikely. George was never the emotional type, instead choosing to bottle up his feelings. It couldn't be good for him. Dream just hoped things would be different this time, because George was acting strangely and something felt off with him.

Dream sighed. He couldn't force George to talk to him, but he needed to know that the brunette was okay. That he was alive, living and breathing and healthy. But he couldn't know unless George wanted him to. That was one of the downsides to living in a different country than your best friend.

Dream sat down on his bed, back hunched. He was so worried for George. Anything could be going on. Or maybe nothing was going on. Dream didn't know.

But he would. He would find out what was going on because he cared. George wouldn't be able to hide from him forever. Dream wouldn't let him.

I wrote the next chapter already :)

Also I'm getting better at chapter titles???? Its about time (I have a cool title for the next chapter too!)