Snake Bites

THE FEAST WENT  WELL. Tom was chatting away with Arabella's father about a few topics. Although Tom originally wanted to have the Red Room ceremony before the ball, Gimmrick suggested the day of the ball. Powerful families from across the world will be there to witness there union.

       Nagini had slept through most of the dinner, Tom feeding her on his lap before letting her go into a deep sleep once more. He'd taken notice of her tiredness, she seems to be sleepy after a six hour power nap.  Stranger even for her.
But for now it came in handy, he didn't want Nagini knowing about his plans yet. Not until later.

      "Oh how you've grown since the last time we saw you dear." Nagini woke up to acknowledge them. Her aunt seated a couple chairs down. Beautiful as she was, she wasn't really important in the family. 
     "How is everything at Hogwarts dear? Your cousin Constance says you aren't as great as people say." Now, Nagini wasn't one to compete with family. But her statement caught her attention. Especially since Constance never liked Nagini around after their wizarding tournament.

    "To be frank dear aunt Celeste. I'm quite worried for dear Constance. I sleep and nap throughout every class yet pass with excellent marks. But dear cousin over here can't seem to maintain a passing grade without pleasing some Ravenclaw." Nagini finished her sentence with a sip of wine. Her aunts taking among themselves about what they had just heard.
    "As if you can talk Nagini. Last time I checked, your always throwing yourself like some whore on Riddle. Everyone knows that you try to hard for his attention. Not that it's any of your fault Thomas I assure you."
Tom looked up to give her a menacing glare. Did she really think it was a good idea to say such things? In front of him no less.
"Constance-"

"Be aware that Nagini and I are 'paired'. We are bound together, we have lived off each other for years now. Nagini will bring honor and a revolution to a new era with me. I will give you a warning, not because of your status but because I'm feeling nice. You are to never refer to me as Thomas again. Understood." 

   "Yes lord." Nagini opened her mouth again to the spoonful of food Tom held up for her to eat. His other hand wrapped around her waist as if she would leave. The tension in the air soon left due to the soft violin playing in the background.
    The Elders were all sitting at some high balcony, peering above them to see all the interactions go by.
    "Excuse her for the behavior, she's always been very easy to tick off." Nagini nodded in agreement. Constance never liked her as kids. Technically they weren't related at all. But Constance hated being referred to as her cousin. Despised it even.
     "So Nagini, are you looking forward to your training. I heard you are skilled at wandless magic now." Nagini's wand wasn't really seen often. The family has only caught glimpses of it when the Elders demanded to see it when she came back. Both Tom and Nagini preferred it this way because people could never figure out where she kept it.
"I heard an old opponent is coming back just to see you again." That certainly grabbed her attention.

Old opponent? This was new.

They couldn't think of anyone in her past that would be willing to come after all this time. Everyone who Nagini had fought either died of old age or battle. Even Tom felt her confusion.

"Ah yes, Rosier. He was sent to Durmstrang but I heard his little brother goes to Hogwarts. I'm sure you know him, he's in your year level."

Nagini couldn't ring a bell of who that was. She knows the Rosiers are a powerful family, but she didn't think she had fought one.
"Oh it was a marvelous duel you two had. Deal was that if he won, you'd be betrothed to him and married. He was so determined to win that duel, did some wand-less magic at some point. Really put on a great show for the elders."