Chapter 74

Months after Cedrics passing, the Hogwarts students packed up and went home for the summer, most of them permanently scarred over what they had witnessed happen to one of their fellow classmates. Hogwarts as a whole was sad. Some were able to persevere better than others, but for the people closest to Cedric, their world felt permanently stopped.

Elle, Dylan, Olivia and Ian were the ones that took it the hardest, not even being able to speak to each other these days without picturing the person that meant so much to them that they lost. They felt lost.

Elle had felt like she lost part of herself, and that caused a lot of issues in her relationships. She distanced herself from Fred just enough where they were still together, but not how it was. She was grieving, and she felt bad for grieving over Cedric when she had Fred in front of her. Her family grew worried about her as they began to notice her eating less and less, and her eyes becoming sunken in but she didnt want to talk to them over her loss.

Her parent's generation knew the loss of a friend better than anyone else, and who was she to further burden them with her grief?

The first month at home was strange for Elle. All she wanted to do was be left alone. Her father began to work more and more, until well into the night. Elle suspected he was meeting with Dumbeldore to try to catch Voldemort but didnt want to worry her. Chris had begun to go to work with Ben, and it seemed like he had completely forgotten about his dream of working with dragons and taken on the responsibility to try to protect the wizarding world. Elle's heart hurt for him.

Nathan had been leaving home more often after he graduated from Hogwarts. His celebration was grim as the death had still clouded everyone's minds. He had a small celebration at the Mackin manor with Riley and his family. Now, he had begun training harder with quidditch coaches as the draft for teams would begin in the fall. Elle had barely seen him as he spent his time between Riley's house and the quidditch pitch. They were all handling the loss of Cedric and the uprising of who they thought was defeated, Lord Voldemort. Elle had a lot of theories, specifically about her family. Nathan was using quidditch as a means of escaping but she couldn't blame him. She wanted to escape as well.

Elle lounged in a hammock in the backyard with her eyes closed, letting her skin soak in the sun when she heard their back door close and footsteps approaching her.

"Hey hun." Mary greeted, slipping into the hammock beside her daughter, letting the blonde curl into her mum's chest.

"Hey mum, why aren't you at work?" Elle mumbled out as Mary let out a small laugh, "And what? Let you soak up all the sun by yourself?"

"Mum, it's okay. You didnt have to stay home today, I'm going to go soon anyway." Elle shrugged as Mary sighed.

"I know I didnt. Is Fred going with you?" Mary asked as Elle shook her head, "I didnt want him to."

"Any particular reason why? You shouldn't be alone." Mary hummed out before adding, "When was the last time you saw Fred?"

"A few days ago, he came by while you were at work. We read." Elle hummed out before continuing, "I'm also not going to be alone. Dylan is meeting me there."

"Well, thats good then. If you want me to come, I will." Mary told her as Elle nodded, "I know, but I'm going to go now." Elle told her, standing up from the hammock and giving her Mum one last wave over the shoulder before flooing to the cemetery.

She walked towards the brunette who sat in front of the grave. His head barely turned to look as Elle sat beside him. In front of them, is a tombstone that read 'Cedric Diggory, loving son and friend to all'.

Elle felt Dylan wrap an arm around her shoulders and she slumped into his side, starring at the tombstone in front of them, and together they spoke quietly to each other,