Step 3. Cease the Opportunity

"Another rough night?", Bom asks looking at his gloomy friend picking at his lunch box. Boom wanted to laugh at the irony that Mew had brought food to the bar, but he knew who had prepared it.

Mew curses under his breath before glaring at Bom. The latter raised his hand in surrender. He was already suffering in the past months, but the last week is nothing but pure torture for Mew. Gulf's been wearing a lot of skimpy clothes at home that he either felt everything under the cover whenever he joins him in bed, since Gulf was usually asleep when he returns at home and his husband would instinctively reach for him, or his eyes would see Gulf's tempting allure in the morning when the younger would join him for breakfast, all sleepy and innocent. All of those ended up with him spending a lot more time in the shower.

Tul who is also with them spoke, "Seriously, Mew. Just do it with Gulf and get it over with"

"It's not that simple", Mew protested pouting. Mew didn't want Gulf to feel that he must sleep with him just because he felt indebted, as a payment for everything he has done. He still can vividly remember the night of their wedding, how Gulf nervously and resignedly stripped in front of him, expecting Mew to consummate their wedding. He had promised Gulf then that he won't force him and that nothing will happen against his will.

Bom, "Tsk! You know Mew is not like you, Tul. He won't sleep with someone he doesn't have feelings with"

"And exactly why he wanted to sleep with Gulf. He's in love with his husband", Tul argued.

"That's not what...", Mew weakly protested.

Tul sighed exasperatedly rolling his eyes, "It needs to be mutual. Then why don't you just confess and have that steamy sex instead of nursing that hard on every day in the cold shower"

Boom chuckled, "You make it sound like Mew just wanted to get laid. He is a romantic at heart"

Tul, "Doesn't he? But seriously, cuz, what are you so afraid about? Are you afraid that you'll get rejected?"

Mew fell silent. He is not afraid to be rejected, he is more afraid that Gulf would accept his feelings because he feels it is the right thing to do and not because they feel the same way. He has no doubt that Gulf cares for him. In the last three years that they have been together, he knew that Gulf treated him like a family as much as he does. But Mew wanted a bit more, for them to be partners in every sense of that word.

"It's not that", Mew finally answered Tul but did not expound on his worries.

*****

Gulf is depressed.

"Still nothing?", Up asked, concerned.

Gulf sighs and shakes his head, pouting. He felt down, how could Mew not show any interest at all. He had deliberately reached for him at night, holding on to him but his husband would just hum him 'back to sleep'. And it is much worse in the morning, Mew is always so composed at the table and then he'll go to shower and be back all fresh and tempting, and Gulf would be left alone tending to himself when Mew is outside their door.

"Just be naked, Gulf", Mild suggested.

"And embarrass myself? He would probably just wrap me in a blanket and tell me I'd get cold", Gulf let out another sigh in defeat.

Pleng, "For once, Mild might be right. Maybe Mew is not for subtle hints. Just jump onto him, Gulf"

"Hey, hey. What are you teaching my cousin-in-law? There are a lot of ways. You know seduction is also an art", Min protested sassily. The rest of them rolled their eyes.

"Don't give up, Gulf. There is a saying that a way to man's heart is through his stomach", Min added winking.

Gulf, "But... I've already been preparing his meals these days. Mew looks so stressed, I wanted him to have some healthy meals"

Min scowled at him, "A lunch box? That is not what I mean. You know wine, dine, and sexy times. Anyway, let us go to my house later to help you plan this out"

"Let's watch some movies too, for reference", Up winked.

******

"Why is it suddenly raining too hard?", Boom asked frowning. It will be good if there are already a lot of people inside the bar since they won't be able to go out but since it is still relatively early, there aren't many people inside yet.

"I'm going home", Mew announced standing up.

Boom just nodded; it is his turn to be here anyway. Mew was just frequently joining him and Tul to avoid going home. Tul had left already earlier for his date. Boom chuckled when he heard Mew as his friend is leaving, talking to someone on the phone.

Mew, "Where are you? It's raining...I'll pick you up...Ok. I'll see you at home then"

*****

Gulf looks at his friends after ending the call. Min, Pleng, and Up were telling him not to tell him where is and that Min will send him home, to Mew.

Kaownah and Mild look at them in confusion. Gulf is also not sure about what his friends are planning. They just suddenly look at each other and then started coaching him on what to tell his husband.

Pleng sighed, "It's cold! What do you like to do in this kind of weather?"

"Let me find you something to wear", Min runs off to her closet and not long after returns with a few shirts and polos still unpacked.

"Why do you even have these, Min?", Mild asked frowning. Min is living alone in her unit.

Min, "Urgh, gifts, probably for my exes that I couldn't give because we broke up". Her friends chuckled; they also know that Min loves to shop but she's also a little forgetful.

"Find something that will match", Min ordered and started unpacking the rest followed. Mild and Kaownah are still unsure of what it meant but each grabbed a piece to check it out.

"Our uniform is a bit thick, so should be a bit thin and would have that body-hugging effect when wet", Pleng grinned.

Up, "But what would you say to Mew on why Gulf's drench in the rain? Aren't you going to be incriminated, Min? you're supposed to send him home"

Min, "Just tell Mew that my car broke down. Ok, Gulf? And he won't even have time to blame me if this works"

Kaownah, "Would this fit?", he asked holding up a light yellow, short sleeve, button-up.

Min, "a little big but it will do. Come, dear cousin-in-law, and change into this. Just be a little more daring later, ok?"

******