Chapter 23

"This reporter," Su Yi quirked her lips up. "...may I trouble you to please examine your question more closely next time, I've always been very clear about the fact that I like someone who is not in the industry. Alright, let's close this topic, following this I will only answer questions regarding the filming of the show."

However, the reporter refused to give up. "If you don't say who it is, how can I believe that you're not just looking to gain attention?"

This time Su Yi's smile was not friendly anymore. Ignoring the Wu Xue tugging at her shirt, she said, "Why would I want you to believe me?"

The reporter looked a little awkward and rephrased. "I mean your fans."

"When did you become a representative of my fans'?" Su YI sneered. "My fans believe me, there's no need for you to be worried."

The other reporters were all as quiet as chicken, their recorders held higher than their faces.

After the interview, Wu Xue attempted to go fix the mistakes. Her artiste had her eyes closed, putting on make-up as she slowly said, "Never mind them, if you have the time, consider what we will have for dinner."

Normally, Wu Xue was rather strict on her diet. It's different once she's filming though; no matter how much she ate, she would always lose a few kilos by the time filming was over. She really had a peculiar physiology.

Wu Xue flung her phone away. "You're really getting bolder hmm, making it a habit to roast reporters?"

"You didn't recognise him?" Su Yi said, "That one, that was the guy who blurred my photo and said I flashed."

Wu Xue asked, "There was so much media then, how was I supposed to recognise him? Actually, how did you know it was him?"

Su Yi jeered. "Of course I checked."

... she was really big on revenge.

The make-up artist was helping her put on the eyeliner when her phone rang once. She struggled to open an eyelid and glanced at the phone homescreen, then hurriedly caught the makeup artist's hand. "Pretty lady, can I type a reply before we continue with the make-up?"

As it was far away and both travel and lodging required money, Su Yi had not brought along her make-up artist. The production company had arranged her an old-time make-up artist; when Su Yi used to come to Shanghai for work before, she had helped with the make-up too.

The make-up artist smiled and shrugged. "As you wish."

Su Yi was about to reach out to her phone, but An Xuan acted quicker than her, putting the phone in her hand first.

Yesterday, she chatted with Chu Ying until midnight. Now that she thought about it, they didn't talk about much – all she did was ask him about his army days. As she found voice messages too troublesome she'd called him directly – this was one big reason she did not sleep well last night.

The other's voice was low and his stories were straightforward and to the point. It was nice listening to him.

Thinking about it, she really had just brought it upon herself; after listening to the stories, she looked at the time – midnight – and asked on the fly if he wanted to sleep.

Then he wrapped it up in two sentences, not even giving her a chance to say goodnight.

In the chat was Su Yi's message to him in the morning.

[Goddess Su Yi: Awake now, going out for work. [Today is another day with full power.jpg]]

[Chu Ying: Ngh.]