02; tainted love

Carina's pov Los Angeles, California📍*1981*

Carina's pov
Los Angeles, California📍
*1981*

"You need to hurry Cari! Your dad will be home any minute!" My mom panicked as she ran around the entire apartment trying to grab all of our belongings.

"Cmon Sofia!" I rushed my 10 year old sister as she just cried at my mother and i freaking out. Shes never seen my mom like this, neither have i. Ive always seen my mother cry and be in constant fear and pain. Never have i seen the determination in her eyes before. She was serious this time. All my 14 years of growing up shes always promised me a life with no pain, no violence and just love.

We watched as she sprinted through the house with her suitcase just shoving a bunch of things into it. Tears running down her face while clenching at her right side. There by her rib laid a bruise. A fresh one given by my father last night. He claimed he was drunk and it was an accident. But my mom didn't care. Enough was enough for her when he had laid his hands on me. Last might was the first time he had ever hit me. It was all because Sofia walked in on our father punching my mom. When your 10 of course you dont know how to react, so she started screaming at him. He stopped punching my mom and lunged toward Sofia. So i ran in and stepped in front of her. He didn't like that. He felt like he was being ganged up on. So he grabbed me and pushed me into the hallway wall. He didn't punch me, but he slapped me across the face really hard to where i felt numb for 5 minutes. That was her last straw, hitting me and trying to hit Sofia.

"Sof stop crying. We'll be okay." i tried to speak to her calmly, but hell even i didn't believe that.

We all feared of my father's arrival.

"Cmon." My mom ushered for us to grab our bags.

I helped Sofia carry her belongings along with mine as we walked toward the door to finally leave. One last look at the apartment.

There were a lot of bad moments in this place, but they werent all bad. There were times where my father was good. If only his kindness outweighed the evil.

"Marisol?" My father's voice seemed startled at the sight of his family carrying bags while standing by the door.

"Where do you think you're going?" he towered over my mother, making her feel small again.

"Ale.... please dont." my mother's voice was shaky. This wasnt a part of the plan. We were supposed to leave hours ago while my father was at work. The only reason there was an inconvenience was because my Tío Arturo took too long getting us the car he recently bought off from a random guy. So we were stuck here until he came with it.

Saying our goodbyes to Tío Arturo was the hardest. Although he couldn't always protect us from my father, he wanted to help. So him buying us a car and giving us money to start fresh, we couldn't have been more thankful.

"¿Qué estás haciendo?" (what are you doing?) He grew more angry as he shut the door to stop us from leaving.

He looked from her then to me and Sofia.

He just angrier. My mom sensed it too. She just dropped her bags and stood in front of us to protect us from whatever he was about to do.

"Alejandro... por favor." she begged for him to just stop getting so angry. We were caught trying to leave him, he was infuriated and felt betrayed. He dug his own grave yet was upset at us.

My father crept towards us slowly and for each step he took we stepped on backwards.

I couldnt help but cry, although i wanted to stay strong for Sofia. It was difficult to stay strong when you were witnessing your mother at her weakest.

The moment my father attacked my mother, bashing her into the wall, I attacked too.

All those years of built up rage and resentment kicked in as i tried pushing my dad away from my mother. Only for him to punch me away from him, making me fall hard to the ground. Then he grabbed a glass vase and threw it on the ground right by me. I felt sharp stings on the side of my body it landed on.

"No!" My mother screeched at the top of her lungs as she tried to get to me. She kept trying and trying to get to me but my father wouldn't let her.

I just laid on the carpet floor and stared at the beige colored ceiling. I just shut my eyes tight, holding into my tears as i prayed to God that he'd save us from the devil himself.

Right on cue, i could hear the front door swing open with force. It didnt stop my father from choking out my mother. I could hear them still.

I just remember Sofia screaming and crying while trying to help me off the floor.

When i managed to open my eyes i saw my father laid out on the floor, unconscious. My mother laid against the wall trying to catch her breath while my Tío Arturo stood there in shock.

He had hit him so hard he fell unconscious.

It was silent for a moment as we recollected the recent events.

"Apúrate!" (Hurry up!) My tío shouted at us to grab our things and go. Once he said that we didn't hesitate on our next moves.

"Mija are you okay?" my mom ran over to me, inspecting my arm. It was covered in blood.

"Yeah." i lied just so i wouldnt be an inconvenience.

We grabbed our belongings and my uncle helped us put it all in the car he had boughten us for our long haul.

It was a white 1970 Chevy Impala. The most beautiful car ive ever seen. Although it wasn't new, it felt like the future. My new future.

Sofia and I hugged my uncle before getting in the car. We sat inside and waited for my mom to say her final goodbye. This is when we realized that this might be the final time we see anymore family. I watched as my mom hugged her brother one last time. She cried hard.

He had to practically drag her to the driver's seat. When he did, she started the car so we could leave. It was a long drive, so ive been told.

We were starting our trip late at night with a cut up arm and bruised bodies.

Not even 10 minutes into the drive and Sofia started with the questions.

"Ma, where are we going?"

"To our new home, mija." she smiled at her through the rear view mirror. I sat in the front holding the map.

"Where is home?"

"In Hawkins, Indiana." she finally answered.

—sweeteasaint

ive been obsessed with reading billy fanfics and if u know me u know that i constantly write fanfics about every damn tv character i fall in love with.... sooo hopefully this doesnt flop