Threads Interweaved

Death was a concept that Kevin never feared. It wasn't the inevitability which was the Honkai. No, Death was an eventually. It was what greeted all who have been given and breathed life.

When Kevin finished his story, he did it on his own terms, he did it in the way that he would find acceptable.

Kevin died as a blazing comet which destroyed the very cause of his tragedy and the thousand stars and planets that had stood in his way.

He died a flaming moth, one that had, for a single moment, became the light that his friends had once recognized him as.

And so, when Death greeted him, he embraced it because he had finished his mission and his own story.

What greeted him next was not the afterlife however, but in the dark space he currently resided in.

Time was irrelevant here, and the laws of physics did not deter the tranquility of this dark limbo he found himself in.

He might have been here for a long time, but not even he could think if it was truly long or short.

Nonetheless, he enjoyed the silence granted to him, even if it was one that he did not expect.

However, before he could continue, he felt something pulling his very being.

He did not know what was pulling him, but he could feel the pull and if he wanted, he felt like he could cut it off.

Just as he was about to remove the sensation, a mysterious voice registered in his ears, one that did not echo within the space of his surroundings but one that spoke to his being.

Words registered in his mind yet he could not understand an inkling of it. Yet, in those words he could understand the message conveyed.

Someone needed a Hero.

Kevin was called many things, a Hero one of them. But did he actually deserve to be called one?

He was not a hero who saves people because he wanted to. No, he was only a hero because the world wanted him to.

The sensation became stronger, as if trying to hasten his decision.

He was not a Hero, he never was...yet.....
.
.
.
.
.
He accepts, and as he is pulled away from the void and into a torrent of colors, information suddenly enters his mind.

Servants. Masters. Command seals. Noble Phantasm. Throne of Heroes. Magecraft. Earth.

Holy Grail War.

Foreign concepts and terms alien to his world and himself enter his mind and in the instant information reaches, his brain suddenly understands what it had been given.

Soon he lands to the ground, Shamash in hand and clad in an old outfit that brought him memories both good and bad. But he ignores it in favor of the situation he was currently in.

The pillar of mana which came from his arrival dissipated, and he was granted view of a burning city in rubble. He ignored it, in favour of the one who summoned him.

Orange hair, and amber eyes is what he sees. Clad in a white tunic shirt held by a black strap and a diamond emblem followed by a black skirt and dark leggings was his supposed master, the one who had summoned him.

The summoning had been a mistake, it was supposed to reach the Throne of Heroes to pick a figure of legend written in history. The summoning was not meant for him.

Nonetheless, he responded to the call.

"Servant Saber, Kevin Kaslana. That's all you need to know."

-0-0-0-0-