Chapter 63: True Form

Chapter 63

True Form

I woke to Titus pulling away. I snatched him before he could escape."Stay."

"I guess I'm not as quick as I thought," he laughed, settling back down on the bed.

Yawning, I laid so half of my body was on top of him. 

"I thought I was supposed to get out of here unseen," he teased, playing with my hair. "You're making that kind of hard."

"Hid in the closet until tonight," I muttered. "I don't want you to go yet."

"All day in the closet. I'd scare your mother to death if she found me." He chuckled and kissed the top of my head. "Besides, Darius might come looking for me. I'm on hunting duty today."

"Hmmm... he'll manage without you. And if you stay away from the windows, I doubt my mother would mind having you around." I pulled the covers up to my shoulder. "Titus?"

"Yeah?"

"How'd you know I'd be awake?"

He squirmed a bit. "Coincidence."

"Liar."

Titus shook his head. "I'm overprotective, Aden. It's in my nature. I saw a light and thought I'd see if you were awake."

"You were stalking me again," I murmured.

He sighed. "We're engaged," he said firmly. "It not considered stalking when you're making sure the local lunatic stays away from your house."

I laughed and lifted my head to kiss him. "Thanks, that's sweet."

We kissed for a moment before wiggling back down under the covers. 

Titus brushed my hair back. "How's school been?"

I shrugged. "Chris doesn't even acknowledge my existence anymore. I'm not upset about it, but it's still kind of weird he move on so quickly, since it takes some serious mental issue to hunt someone down and shoot them."

He nodded, letting out a deep breath. "Human have never really been accepting of my kind."

"I don't care." I clenched my jaw. "It's not like you're hurting anyone. Chris and everyone else should just leave werewolves alone."

He smiled at me, before pressing his lips to mine. "I think your bias, Aden."

"A few months and I'm going to be one," I retorted.

"Glad to hear that Chris hasn't changed your mind."

I met his gaze. "Are you accusing me of getting cold feet? For a man with no shame, I thought you'd have more confidence in yourself."

He pulled me to him and nuzzled my neck. "You little ass," he growled.

"Stop worrying," I laughed softly. "You're stuck with me, so let's hope either of us regret this ten years from now."

"I won't," he whispered in my ear. 

I smiled and snuggled into his chest. Titus held me close, and we fell back asleep. 

***

I heard a knocked on the door and sat up to see my mother standing there. 

Titus laughed nervously. "Hi, Mrs. Perri."

"Titus," she nodded toward him with her arms folded.