𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

CHAPTER TWELVE

EPIPHANY

✧ ⋆ ☽ ✯ ☾ ⋆ ✧

"Wait, wait!" Aadhya yells, holding her hand up in the air. "Let me just back up for a second—" When she sees that Rocky was patiently waiting for her to continue, patiently as requested, she resumes, "You are planning to keep Vanaram alive and recruit him back to train your people."

"Our people," Rocky corrects, making her heart skip a beat without an effort. "And yes, I need an army who can at least shoot two of my enemies before going down. Vanaram is the perfect candidate for this task. He makes a fine commander. And he knows every inch of Narachi better than anyone else."

"But what makes you think he won't turn against you?" Aadhya shakes her head, her brown eyes shadowed in curiosity. Because this is Rocky; we are talking about. He must have thought of everything that could go cataclysmically wrong before taking a decision — especially regarding something as significant as appointing Garuda's general as his.

"He's born in this place, sweetheart," Rocky explains, "And he's been protecting these walls ever since. He wouldn't stand aside and let this burn, not if he can help it."

Aadhya nods slowly, processing it as she takes a bite of her food. The dining hall was empty except for them. The servents had arranged everything before they left them alone. "You know," she speaks up after another moment of silence, blinking, "I always had a question - why did you choose to kill Durga in front of everyone that day? Is it for the old man, the baby, or to end the people's misery? Or did you do it for your own sake? Even the journalist wasn't sure about it when he said the story?"

Rocky's eyes crinkle in confusion and curiosity at her last words. "Journalist. What Journalist?"

Aadhya's eyes widen by a fraction. "Did I not mention it? Oh- I must've forgotten that day." Soon she goes into a quick explanation, "In the movie, this story was all supposed to have been written by a senior journalist, Anand Ingalagi. He had a book published about this with a Title: El Dorado —It was supposed to be a myth about the lost city of gold, you see — And in that book, he wrote all about your life and KGF. But Ramika Sen—"

"—The Prime Minister who is supposed to enforce the army and issue a death warrant against me," Rocky interrupts.

"I am a little worried about how indifferently you said that," Aadhya couldn't help but put it out in the open. "But, Yes. She banned the book and made it so that no one would write or read about you! That there would be no trace of you in the annals of history! But in 2018, a TV channel decided to interview Anand and had him tell the story directly."