PART 34

Shiva's POV

I went to my mother and asked her, "Why were you talking about my second marriage?" to which my mother without any hesitance said, "We know that you are not happy with this marriage.  I know you were forcefully married because of me and now I want you to marry again to me the girl of your.." not able to tolerate anymore of my mother's nonsense talks, I interrupted her, "Amma! Stop it! What's wrong with you today? Why are you talking like this? Do you think that marriage is some kind of joke?"

My mother again continued saying, "See! I know that marriage is not joke but your father made a joke out of it by marrying you as a child. You suffered a lot because of us and now I want you to happily live."

My frustration levels were increasing listening to my mother and I decided to make an end to this topic forever and said, "Amma! Don't talk like a mad woman! I don't care if our's was a child marriage or a forced marriage. What matters to me is that she is my wife and the mother of my children. Who said to you that I'm not happy with my marital life? How did you even think that I would marry again? I would never let another woman in my life ever."

My mother who didn't have the intention to stop once again continued, "If it's about the kids, don't worry I would make them understand." I again interrupted saying, "Amma! Stop your madness! Do you think bigamy legal. You started getting all these stupid thoughts after my posting as a lecturer right! Then, listen! I would even lose my job if I remarry and our family along with you and me would go behind the bars for supporting bigamy."

Seeing her go silent after that made me relieved and I walked out of the room. I knew that my mother doesn't know about the law. But I never expected her to behave so ruthlessly. What would my wife do without me? She doesn't even know a thing about the real world. I knew that my mother  doesn't like my wife but not accepting my wife as the family member even after twenty years was something which I didn't expect. She didn't even think about my children.

I felt very restless after listening to my mother and went in search of my wife. Seeing her with my children in their room gave me little peace. My children and wife were busy chatting among themselves but my wife went silent after seeing me in the room.

Adarsh who forgot that he was angry with me jumped onto me and asked me to join them in playing carroms. I sat beside my wife to play but as soon as I sat beside her, she stood and left the room saying that she had some work. I wanted to follow her but my sons were adamant on playing the game.

After playing a game with them, I went in the search of my wife to find her in the washing area. Feeling my presence, she turned back but again got immersed in washing. Not knowing how to start the conversation, I sat on a stool beside her and started observing her.

Feeling very uncomfortable with my gaze, she asked me if I wanted anything but I continued gazing her.
Then, I noticed her washing my brother's shirts and also noticed a dress in the pile of clothes which my wife washed. No one in our family wears dresses except Sudha, so I concluded that the dress belongs to her. I snatched my brother shirt which she was washing and asked her that why was she washing his clothes to which my wife said, "I always wash his clothes." My brother was not a kid and was also married and I didn't want my wife to wash my brother's and his wife's clothes.

Frustrated with everything, I went out of the washing area. I didn't feel like staying in the house anymore. When I was in Hyderabad, I missed my home but after talking to my mother, I hated coming here and also felt irritated with the way my wife behaves. First I thought that my mother talked about my remarriage in the absence of my wife but after realising that it happened in the presence of my wife, I felt irritated. Which wife stays silent after listening such talks about her husband?

I knew that if I speak up for my wife then, the harmony in the house would be disturbed. But I also wanted to improve our relationship.

I went out for a walk to think as for the first time in my life, I felt suffocated in my house. I started feeling a little uncomfortable thinking about my mother. What would have my mother felt if my father had remarried? How could she even think like that? Does she really dislike my wife so much? What's my wife fault in all these?

After I came back from the walk, I directly went to my wife and asked her to pack the bags but listening to me, her eyes filled with tears and angrily asked me, "Where should I go now? You are a shameless man! Being a father of three children, you want to marry again! Do whatever you want but I won't leave this house!"

I was upset knowing that she doesn't have high expectations of me but also felt happy seeing her determination to stay with me.

I followed her and said, "I want you to stay with your uncle and aunt for few days. They were requesting me to let you stay with them from many days. They would feel happy and even you would feel better."

Listening to me, my wife looked guilty and I continued, "I have my eyes only on one woman and that woman is my wife. Stop overusing your brain and just pack the bags."

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.