Chapter Seven

"Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, is essential to a Jedi's life. So you might say, we are encouraged to love."
- Anakin Skywalker

❆ ❆ ❆

Obi-Wan was soundly sleeping in his dorm that night, the cremation of his old master gave him some sort of closure, and Oriel's kiss goodbye was all he needed to give him a good sleep.

But that's when he felt it. Like his heart being squeezed and his lung breathing in and out at a pace the wasn't humanly possible. He woke up with a fright but when he placed his hand over his bare chest he realised it wasn't his pain he was feeling.

Oriel.

Obi-wan jumped out of his bed and chucked his brown cloak on as it was the first thing he found, he continued to run down the halls until he reached Oriels dorm and he could hear her whimpering from outside.

He used the force to open her door and kneeled down next to her bed, placing a hand on her sweaty forehead.

"Please wake up Oriel." He whispered to himself as he concentrated on using the force to pull her out of her dream.

Oriel was still trapped in that room with the frosted window, with that booming voice tormenting her, when she heard it.

The unforgettable accent that belonged to her friend. Wake up Oriel. She heard him say. Oriel focused on her breathing and closed her eyes, feeling some sort of comfort in Obi-Wans voice.

When she opened her eyes, she was no longer trapped in that room, she was back in her dorm. Oriel could also make out Obi-Wan kneeling next to her and she could feel his hand caressing her forehead.

"What happened?" She whispered, her heart still racing at a unearthly pace. "Is this real?" She asked, after all, how would Obi-Wan know to come get her.

"Of course it is. Are you alright, I felt your pain?" Obi-Wan asked, turning her lamp on with a wave of his hand. "You were crying." He said concerned.

Oriel didn't know how to explain what she had just experienced, she also didn't want Obi-Wan thinking she was unstable.

"it was nothing, it was just a dream." She answered and focused on bringing her heartbeat down.

"Is it Qui-Gon?" He asked hesitatingly, not wanting to touch on the subject too much.

Oriel nodded her head in response, even though it wasn't exactly true, she just went with it as she couldn't tell him what she had dreamed about.

"Do you want me to stay?" Obi-Wan asked after she caught her breath.

Oriel looked into his deep blue eyes. She knew it was wrong, but the reason for him staying was because of her dream, not because of her feelings.

"That would be nice." She whispered. Obi-Wan nodded in response and turned the lamp off before hopping in beside her.

Oriel took a sharp breath when her bare shoulder brushed against his, she wasn't expecting him to have no shirt on under his robes.

The two started off distancing themselves from each other, but it didn't take long for her to end up falling asleep snuggled on Obi-Wans chest while he combed his fingers through her fiery hair.

It was so nice to feel Obi-Wan's presence beside her the rest of night. Only his presence, no-one else who could judge them and no war to pull them apart. It was just the two of them.

❆ ❆ ❆

That morning, Oriel woke up with her head lying on Obi-Wan's chest, while his arm was loosely draped over her waist.