Chapter Twelve

Tan examined the road on the way to the office. The road signs seem blurry under his focus. The traffic on the road didn't seem to ease the situation. The drive to the office felt frustrating because all he could think about was Gabrielle lying next to him, he longed for her he craved for her touch. He was drained in guilt and longing. Mostly, it was guilt.

He shouldn't have touched her; they shouldn't have gotten that far with each other. They should have ended the night with the wine but he let his hormones be master over him. Control was something Tan prided himself in having but if the situation involved Gabby, all control was like putty in his hands. He must be an asshole because he didn't regret it one bit and if he had to choose again, he'll make the same decision over again.

He pictured her body, the warm, soft, lithe nature of it as it pressed against his skin. He felt fucked and yet for the first time in four years he felt his body exploding with life. After dating Gabby, he had been with many other women but with Gabby sex with her was different. A kind of difference that just felt right. It wasn't just about sex it was about the connection they shared, the intimacy, and that's what scared him, the thought of not being able to move past that night scared him shitless; Because with Gabby he understood what it meant to make love to somebody. And he was left craving for more.

He could almost still feel the tingles in his fingers as they traced the gentle curves of her body last night like he'd wanted to do since he saw her at the restaurant. He swallowed another surge of remorse knowing in his heart that it would do him no good. He needed to stay away from her. He knew what his parent where like, they wouldn't let him be with Gabby. He needed to spare her the heartbreak even though he was certain that there wasn't much sparing to be done on her part and his.

There wasn't much that could be done to change it, he had learnt from his mistake. Getting through this deal with GALA was his top priority and after that he wouldn't have to see Gabby again. With a sigh he glanced at his wrist watch, he was late. He had a meeting with the executives of LEE today and he was running late. Not a really good first impression as a CEO. The traffic wasn't cooperating either. After spending an hour on the road the car finally came to a stop in front of the y'all building and he got out

"Morning Sir" Tom his secretary greeted him.

"Morning Tom, I know I am late for the meeting, traffic was hectic. Is Lana here yet?"

"Yes Sir. She is waiting for you in the conference room."

Lana was going to handle most of the dealings with GALA, because the misogynist in Tan's father felt she was better off in fashion. A woman had no business with corporate affairs. He really couldn't stand the old man most of the time and this morning was one of those times. It was because of his that he couldn't let himself be happy with Gabby. Even as he thought it he felt like a complete coward.

Lana hadn't notice his entrance into the room. Her face lit up as she spoke to Leo in low tone. Tan suspected something between her and Leo but didn't want to be the one to point it out. If it was serious Lana would have told him. Maybe it was secret because they both knew how their father would react to it. Even though Yohan Lee liked Leo, it wasn't to the extent of Leo been his son in-law. They knew to tread lightly. Tan was of course reminded of his own situation and he resented his father even more.

"Good morning everyone." Tan announced his presence. Lana and Leo both noticeably jumped like Tan had put a needle to burst their little bubble. If they were keeping their relationship a secret Tan was going to keep his opinions to himself but they were doing a terrible job of keeping it a secret. The other members of the executives stood up and gave a uniform bow in greeting as Tan pulled a chair to sit, to bgin their meeting.