viii. solo brothers

Luke and Jelena  pulled up to the wrecked sand-crawler, where Threepio and Artoo were stacking the dead Jawas on a funeral pyre

Luke and Jelena  pulled up to the wrecked sand-crawler, where Threepio and Artoo were stacking the dead Jawas on a funeral pyre. Ben saw the expression on their faces, and knew what had happened from that alone. He walked up to them, to offer what solace he could.

"There's nothing you both could have done.", he told them and to his surprise, Luke wasn't crying but Jelena was. "You'd have been killed too. And the droids would now be in the hands of the Empire."

Luke looked up at him. "We want to come with you to Alderaan." He said calmly, "There's nothing left for us here. We want to learn the ways of the Force, and become a Jedi like our father."

"I want to be a Jedi too, Ben. I want to make Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru proud" Jelena said in a hoarse voice.

Anakin smiled at the determination of his children but was scared for Jelena who wasn't able to pull herself together after the death of her uncle and Aunt.

The Masters present were impressed on how Luke controlled his anger and his grief despite not being raised as a Jedi youngling, as such losses that held so much attachment would surely lead to the Dark Side of of the Force whereas they weren't do sure about Jelena who wasn't able to pull herself together after the loss of Owen and Beru. Her grief.

Ben simply took them by shoulder, the fact that he was getting his way overshadowed by the reality of Luke and Jelena's situation. After the last of the Jawas was put to rest, everyone piled into the speeder and they took off. A few hours later, they sat on a ridge overlooking a bustling metropolis in the middle of the desert.

"Mos Eisley Space Port." Ben said, "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."

"I'd be surprised if Jabba is still alive at this point.", Anakin mused.

The town itself was madness. Droids were everywhere, doing all the heavy lifting in the sun, while the meatbags toiled in the shade, acting as merchants and laborers. Speeders filled the streets, and low-level aircraft buzzed overhead. One individual on a speeder biker almost crashed into some kind of brachiosaur animal carrying a pair of Jawas, but swerved at the last minute. The animal reared back, throwing one Jawa off, while the other held on for dear life as he hung from the reins.