Hearsay (1)

Cale stood still in front of the door that led to his room.

  One of his hand was placed onto the door handle, while the other was holding the books he had brought back with him from the library.

Even when he felt like he was in the verge of collapsing from sleepiness, he still could feel something odd. Though, he couldn't pit point about what was it that was odd.

Click

Cale opened the door,

And the first thing that caught his attention was the soft winged silhouette that contrasted the bright moonlit background... And the two bodies that was leaned next to the window's frame.

The figure perked his head when Cale entered and spread it's wings wide open,

"It has been a while, Young master"

. . .

"It has been a while, Young master"

Luca stood up and flew closer towards Cale, he kneeled in front of the red head.

 He...

  Luca's hair was considerably longer since the last time Cale had seen him. The lose corners were all slightly curled while the rest were tied to the back of his head-- He also looked healthier than before, though he still looked malnourished, at least he had more meat in him.

But he did looked rather messy,

His hair and body was covered in grimes, his clothes tattered... It reminded Cale of when he met Choi han. As if he was a beggar.

"Luca..."

Cale muttered, it was a name he hadn't said for so long; 

Someone he has mix feelings of talking to.

  After all, things might have been different if this one hadn't disappeared all of a sudden. The story could have ended differently.

"Yes, I am... Luca" The half blood confirmed,

"What brings you here?"

  Cale walked passed Luca who was still kneeling, Cale headed over to where his bed was and put down the books he was carrying on top of the table next to the bedside. 

His voice was cold, emotionless even.

"I thought you died."

  Luca had to hold himself from wincing at the brutal words. He had already known the young master was like his liege. But he must have forgotten how coldhearted they can get when offended, or worse, angered.

"I..."

All the courage he had been pilling up immediately collapse,

"...I was hiding,"

"Hiding?"

Cale piled the books into a neat stack, from the smallest book to the biggest.

His back was facing the half blood.

  "Yes," Luca nodded his head, "The rats, the one that attacked the young master in the mountain range, they managed to track me down and ambushed me. I had to ran away and hide-- I wanted to report as soon as I could, but I have to make sure they have lost my trail."

Luca kept his head low, not even noticing the silver light that was glowing near Cale, 

"It must have been hard," Cale mumbled

Luca could feel himself having trouble breathing. His muscles were all stiff and sore. 

But his thought's couldn't wonder away for too long, as a cold order, barely a whispered, was delivered to his ears; "Continue," Cale said,

Luca obliged,

"A-and in the process, my connection to both the young master and my liege was cut off..."

"Is that so?"

Luca lowered his head further, as if he was ashamed, "... Yes"

  Cale peeked over his shoulder, he saw how the half blood's head was bend down so low... His forehead nearly touched the floor. 

It was as if he was groveling. 

Sweat was visibly pouring down on the half blood's skin. 

Even some tears were already forming in his eyes,

Ah..

Cale looked away,

He must have accidently activated the Dominating aura,

Cale retracted some of the aura so the half blood could breath again.

Cough... cough...

  Luca's limbs softened as he cough in the air he was denied before. Huffing-- Gasping for oxygen. He truly had forgotten how terrifying the red heads were.

Tap...

tap..

tap...

Luca could see the tip of Cale's shoes that stopped just merely inches in front of him.

"Hey,"

  Cale called, and Luca could feel two finger's touched his chin and lifting it up; Forcing him to locked to those brownish red eyes that looked more like a devil's eyes right now.

"Are you telling the truth?"

The red head asked sternly,

Luca gulped, "Yes..." he could barely whispered out a reply.

"I see.." 

Cale let go of his hold and let Luca drop his head back down, "I'll take your word for it then,"

.

.

.

Ron stopped his hand that was sharpening his dagger when he suddenly felt a heavy pressure looming across the mansion that originate from the young master's room.

  It was subtle enough for most of the guards to not noticed it, maybe even Beacrox may have missed it, but it was drastic enough for him and maybe that kid Choi han to noticed it.

And he wasn't wrong,

Ron could see a black blur running towards the young master's room when he was headed there himself.

  The servant wing and the part of the mansion their young master's room was at, has a considerable distance in between. But it didn't took Ron and the wolf his young master had brought home more than a minute to reach their destination.

They both paused when they reached the door;

"Are you telling the truth?"

A small voice echoed from the closed door,

Their young master's voice,

That made Ron and Choi han stop whatever they were planning to do.

Ron could see the black haired punk frowning confusedly from the corner of his eyes, and in all honesty, he was also confused.

"Yes..."

It was a voice neither of them had ever heard-- The speaker sounded like they were choked by something.

"I see,"

Choi han held the handle of his sword that was still in the scabbard. It was the young master that had saved him, but his voice was... different.

He couldn't find the words to describe it,

But it was different,

Much colder...

  While Ron, he can't help but remember that night when the young master had revealed that he knew Ron was an assassin. It was that same Dominating feeling he felt back then. 

"I'll take your word for it then,"