Chapter 18

Warning! Explicit sexual content and all that good stuff ;)

***

"Your home on...?"

Loki sighs, "Asgard. You will have heard of it."

"Only from my childhood stories," Stefan scoffs.

Loki wastes no time lifting his hand, conjuring a firework to pop and crackle before Stefan's face. And at the same time, he lets his clothes melt, quickly shifting back into the green and gold armour he's known for. It takes the old man a few moments to remember how to breathe. "You...you're..."

"Yes," Loki confirms, reading the man's thoughts and planting a sweeping calm in their place. "But I'm not going to hurt you or your daughter."

"You...am I losing my mind?"

"No," Loki says brusquely. Humans could be so tiring at times. "I'm real. Asgard is real. And I..." Suddenly words threaten to fail him. "...and I love your daughter. I want to help make things right."

Dazed once more, Stefan takes a deep, shuddering breath and makes a move to sit down in the chair beside your bed. For a long moment, Loki wonders if Stefan will say anything. The old man looks pensive, far away with his thoughts. When he attempts to read them, the emotions returned to him are turbulent, like a raging sea. Though he understands. When Loki turns to look at your pale beautiful face again, he feels that same torturous haze of bewilderment.

"I know you feel helpless," Loki starts, fixing his gaze back on Stefan. "I feel that too. But right now, there is something I can do to help. I can take her back to Asgard."

"Forever?" Stefan asks quietly, surprised he's actually accepting the situation presented to him. For some reason, Loki's explanation is believable. He trusts what he's saying.

Forever...would it be forever? Loki certainly wishes it so. He wants nothing more than to wrap you up and whisk you away to his world. Make you his Queen. Make love to you over and over in his bed. Never let you go. But how? Your wild spirit is what drew him to you. Your mind...your beautiful mind so stubborn and sure. If he were to take you to Asgard and you were to wake in the unknown, what would you do? Would you demand to leave? You'd certainly promised you'd never leave Midgard. Loki tugs his fingers through his loose hair. What if she thinks I kidnapped her?

With a light growl, he stands up straight, defiant. So be it. If it's what it takes to make her better, I would do it. Even if it meant she hated me...even if it meant... Loki winces. Even if it meant me losing her.

"Not forever," he finally answers. "She would be able to return to you when she is well."

Something shimmers in the water of Stefan's eyes. And Loki recognises it immediately. Hope. "Do what you must, Loki of Asgard. If what you're saying is true and I'm to believe you and the stories...then Y/N is in the best hands with you."

"It's more than that," Loki breathes. "I would give her my life."

***

A week in Asgard might as well have been a year. With you in Loki's bed chambers, still unconscious despite the numerous healers he'd brought in to help. You need time and rest, apparently. That there is nothing wrong with you. A good thing for sure. But why are you still not waking up? Loki had mulled over this question a thousand times, cursing your stubbornness. Even in this state, you continued to push his buttons.

"How is she doing?"

Loki turns to the door, where his mother stands in a wrap of sky blue and dazzling gold. But it's the knowing look on her face which catches his attention. "Much the same," he says tightly, turning back to your face—now draped in the soft afternoon light.