Chapter 16

Shoutout to  Mxplewxffles who helped me come up with the idea for this chapter!
_____________________

Y/n pressed herself closer to Lucius. Even though he was the one that had disciplined her just moments ago, she felt safe with him. Like she wouldn't get hurt as long as she stayed close to him.

Lucius started rubbing little circles on her back. He hummed softly while comforting her.

Y/n's tears had dried up and she was starting to recover from the harsh punishment. She was once again beginning to think clearly. She now remembers the reason why she had been punished. Now however, she decided to approach the subject in a more clever manner. She certainly didn't want to earn another spanking.

" why did you join the deatheaters" y/n asked him.

Lucius suddenly stopped making circles on her back. He locked at her with disapproving eyes.
Hadn't she learned her lesson? Had he been too gentle with her?

" please.." y/n then said. " I need to know"

He let out a sigh and then resumed stroking her back.

" I have my reasons" Lucius finally said.

" what reasons?" y/n questioned. She didn't understand how such a gentle and kind man could be part of something so horrible.

" I can't tell you darling" he said and his eyes suddenly turned sad. " you just have to trust me this time sweetheart. I need to do this to protect you!" He said.

Just as y/n was about to object Lucius stopped her by putting a finger over her lips.

" please darling... " he said. " I just need you to trust me"

Y/n decided that continuing this conversation would lead nowhere. She nodded to him before once again cuddling up in his embrace.

Lucius started playing with her hair. After a few minutes Lucius broke the silence.

" I got an owl earlier today from my mother" he told her. " she wants to meet you"

This made y/n look up at her husband with nervous eyes. She had never officially met her mother in law.
She wanted to impress mrs malfoy and she was afraid that she would make a fool out of herself.

Lucius saw the slight panic in his wife's eyes. This caused him to let out a small chuckle.

" no need to be nervous, I'm certain she will love you" he reassured her. " she has been pestering me about meeting you ever since the wedding" he told her.

Her husbands words calmed her slightly.

" when will I meet her?" Y/n asked.

" she suggested that you two would have tea in the greenhouse before lunch tomorrow" Lucius told her.

" tomorrow?" But you're at work tomorrow!"
Y/n now realized that Lucius wouldn't be joining her. The nervousness returned. Y/n had never been a social butterfly and she thought that meeting new people was a little scary.
How should she act? What should she say?

" yes I'm at work tomorrow but I'm sure you will manage just fine without me darling"  Lucius told her while stroking her cheek.

He then gave her a tender kiss  and y/n once again melted into her husbands comforting embrace.

___________________

The next day y/n spent a few extra minutes getting dressed. She wanted to find the perfect outfit for meeting her mother in law.  Lucius had already gone to work and she was expected to meet mrs Malfoy in the greenhouse in just half an hour.
There was no way of avoiding this. She had to meet her mother in law sooner or later.