𝐈𝐈 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐈𝐈

Sirius Black

"Why did you do that?" Sirius asked James crossly after James had told Sirius to stop hitting on a pretty Ravenclaw girl. 

"Because.." James looked around and he saw Lily give him a thumbs-up. 

"Because I promised Lily I would." James said confidently, as he and Sirius walked back to their seats. 

"Lily?" Sirius asked, confused. They had arrived back at the table, and they sat down. Remus and Peter were watching them, clearly amused. 

"Yeah...." 

James quickly explained everything, and he described the kiss in perfect detail. 

"Lily Evans kissed you?" Remus said, surprised. "How-?" 

"On the cheek." James replied. 

"Oh." Remus said, looking crestfallen. "I was really hoping you would get together." 

James dug into his meal before saying, "Me and Lily, together?" He scoffed. "As if we're going to get married and have a son together." 

"Or a daughter!" Remus said. James looked confused. "What?!" 

"A daughter." Remus repeated, scooping some soup out of the bowl. "Like, you said a son, but what about a daughter?" 

"Remus the feminist." Sirius joked. 

Remus shrugged. 

                                   ╔═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══╗

Sirius was sitting in Transfiguration. The time seemed to tick by, and Sirius found it weird how Professor McGonagall was letting them have all this free time to think. He was lost in a daydream. He was best man at James and Lily's wedding.....and his family was nowhere in sight, his parents had died...yes, that was what he imagined. The festivities were amazing, and Sirius saw all four Marauders taking a picture together, smiling happily. 

Lily and James were cutting the cake....

"MR. BLACK!" 

Sirius was snapped awake, and he realized that the whole class was staring at him, including Leah White. Though she tried to hide it, rather poorly. 

"Were you imagining on how to perform the Teacups to Gerbils charm?" McGonagall said sternly, peering over her glasses. 

Sirius sat up straighter. "Yes, Min- I mean, yes Professor. I was." He lied. 

Professor McGonagall squinted at Sirius. "Very well. Please perform the charm." 

Sirius winced and stood up. "Uh-" He realized that he didn't even know the charm for it. "Teacupus Gerbilio!" Sirius said, waved his wand in the same formation that the charm Lumos used, and looked hopefully. 

Nothing happened. 

Professor McGonagall frowned. "Teacupus Gerbilio is not the correct charm, Black." She looked at him disapprovingly. "Please try better next time." 

A few people snickered, and Sirius' heart sank when he saw Leah White trying to control her laughter. 

                                   ╔═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══╗

Sirius waited for Transfiguration to be over, and when it finally was, he raced out of the classroom and stood, hidden, next to the exit door. He planned to confront Leah White, and apologize. 

The class filed out, and Sirius peeked into the room and saw Leah talking to Professor McGonagall, who was actually smiling and seemed to be giving her advice. Sirius leaned in closer to hear.