Chapter 4....

"You are cheating!"

"I am not!"

"Yes you are! There is no way you've won this many hands. Stand up."

Trevor's hands came over to lift my leg making me slap it away.

"I am not standing up."

"You are hiding cards under you, I know it." He reached for me again. Slapping his hand once more I shook my head.

"You just can't stand losing." I reached for the stack of cards on the little table dividing us.

"I can handle losing perfectly fine." Trevor retorted making me snort. Yeah right.

We've been on the airplane for five hours already, even though those five hours already feel like ten. Being in first class was definitely better than being in coach though. Instead of being stuck in a small chair surrounded by people I was seated in a pretty roomie chair that could recline all the way back. 

(Thought I'd add a pic of what some first class seats look like

(Thought I'd add a pic of what some first class seats look like. I've never been in first class but looks so fancy)

The first four hours weren't bad. We all had seats by each other so we could easily talk, so I spent most of that time talking to Josie and Sydni who were seated the closest. Almost the entire time Trevor sat beside me prodding me to play cards with him. Every few minutes he would poke my arm or interrupt my conversation with the others until I finally agreed, beyond bored.

So now an hour later we were playing our 7th round of blackjack. I've won six of those seven much to Trevor's dismay. With each hand that I've won the more certain he got that I was cheating. Wasn't my fault he just sucked...and had a horrible poker face.

"We can play something else." I offered, although I had no problem kicking his ass some more. I bet he was happy I said no to playing with money.

"One more round." He all but demanded.

"Fine by me." I smirked, shuffling the cards in my hands.

"How did you get so good at cards?" Trevor asked, his eyes watching me shuffle. It was odd but the act of shuffling soothed me. The sound, the feel of the cards in my hands.

"I had a lot of time when I was younger." I answered. Trevor sat there waiting for me to continue. "My parents weren't around much when I was young and there was only so much tv or reading someone can take. So I learned how to play cards." I said with a shrug.

"You played by yourself?"

"Yeah." I avoided his gaze, knowing how pathetic it sounded.

I really didn't have the right to complain or do the whole 'woe me' because my parents weren't around. I still had everything I could want. Instead of giving me their time they gave me everything else. Everything from the newest toys to a brand new car. Gave me everything I didn't want or even need.