thirty seven.

"Where do we start?"

THIRD POV

Within a flash, the TV was turned off and Y/n was on her feet. 

"I think he doesn't like me anymore."

Y/n was pacing around the room after she saw Katsuki Bakugou, the proudest man she knows, talk about his own weaknesses? What else could have gone down while she was in Cuba?

"You're overreacting. Maybe he had an eye opening experience at his internship, you never know-"

"Of course I don't know, I wasn't there!" She interrupted, pacing around the room even faster. 

"What else do you think went on between them Mich, when we were gone? Do you think they went on dates and stuff? Or even maybe-"

"Stop!" Now it was Michiko's turn to interrupt. "You need to stop jumping into these conclusions! 

"Do you think... he possibly realized he needs someone like him more?"

Michiko peered at her best friend. "W- what? What could you possibly mean by that?" she scoffed. 

"I mean," Y/n finally stopped moving around and sat next to Michiko. 

"What if... What if he doesn't like me anymore because I don't wanna be a hero like him?" 

Michiko's eyes widened, but she quickly returned her face back to normal. She sighed. 

"What we know so far is that the dust between you too needs to be settled, and fast. You need to talk to him, Y/n."

"Absolutely not. He needs to contact me first," she huffs stubbornly. Michiko rubs her head

"And do you really think he'll do that? You're forgetting your boyfriend's ego is bigger than the blasts he creates with his quirk. Just call him or something. Try and get him alone. And I'll do that with Reira so she doesn't interfere with you two's convo."

Y/n looked at her best friend with tears in her eyes. She honestly didn't know how she ended up with such a best friend. 

"I would be a mess without you," she whined, going into Michiko's open arms to reciprocate the hug. 

"I know, I know."

After the two finished embracing, Y/n grabbed her phone. 

"You're calling him now? He's still doing his interview."

"Nope. I'm gonna call someone else. I just need to get some clarification." 

Michiko just looked at her with a weirded out face, but shrugged it over and yawned. 

"Whatever. I'm going to sleep."

.•° ✿ °•.

"First of all, how the fuck did you find me?"