THIRTY-EIGHT

The gala. A place for the arts, but another reason why celebs and the rich should get dressed and take photos for the public.

I loved it, to say the least. To take a theme and turn it into an outfit.

"Athena! Tobias! Over here!" The cameraman yelled. "Over here!"

"Over here!"

"Right here! Smile at us!"

"Gosh. This is why I never go to these things." Tobias mumbled. His arm was wrapped around my waist. "I could be doing much more. I have many calls to make about the winery."

"You don't like having your picture taken?" I giggled.

"Not really. This outfit is uncomfortable."

"Imagine how I feel." I playfully rolled my eyes. "We have to kiss. Your mom wants us to since that whole article dropped."

"I don't mind." He said.

I blushed before pulling his face close and planting a kiss on his lips. Flashes quickly went off and the sound of camera clicks was heard.

"We have to get to the inside. You two are late." The carpet manager said.

We hurried inside the venue looking around to find our seating. I smiled realizing that Val and I were sitting at the same table. We sat down.

"Late but best dressed." Valeria smiled.

"That's all you."

"Hey, Val." Tobias smiled.

"Hey, Tobias."

"Tobi?" The girl questioned. She was beautiful. She had platinum blond hair with icy blue eyes. She wore a beautiful blue gown.

Tobias seemed stunned. He stared at the girl in awe.

"Uh. A-Amber. What are you- I mean. Hey." He chuckled.

I turned to Valeria. She had an annoyed look on her face. Who's Amber?

Amber stared at Tobias. He stared at her. I furrowed my eyebrows as the two seemed lost for words.

"It's been a while." Tobias smiled.

"It has. Uh, how are you."

"I'm good how are you?" Tobias questioned.

Valeria huffed before standing up.

"Excuse me, I'm going to the bathroom." She said before walking off.

"I'm gonna go with her." I slowly said before following her to the bathroom. She fixed herself up in the mirror.

"Everything alright? Who's Amber?"

"She's a bitch, who's irrelevant and it's best not to know. Trust me, Athena." Valeria huffed. "Just don't ask about it and everything's going to be okay."

Valeria walked out of the bathroom. I sighed while staring at myself in the mirror. The bathroom door unlocked and Kelsey walked out.

"Of course your here." I rolled my eyes.

"Can we talk? You've blocked me on everything and I just need to explain my side."

"What side Kelsey? You hurt me and I don't think I can ever forgive you." I huffed. "Just, please. Not right now."

"Athena. Come on, we're sisters." Her eyes were glossy. "I never meant to hurt you, if I could just explain."

"Now is not the time."

"Please. Just, please. I miss you so much and I love you. You the best thing that's ever happened to me, Athena. We're soulmates, remember? Remember, flower?" She cried. "And you've been through so much and I beat myself up every day because I added on to that hurt."