Chapter 49: Wildest Dreams

#101

I had a very peculiarly crazy dream last night.

Well, I was a unicorn, a pretty beautiful and magical one. Purple, yellow, and pink, with a silky pony and the cutest horn and such an adorable tail. I was flying. It was so amazing. And I was just about to fly into the fluffy white clouds when Ayan woke me up. God, I nearly killed him and that boy rolled on the floor laughing his heart out.

In a minute, everyone knew about my dream.

" Oh, honey... It's so sweet." Mumma gave me a hug when the commotion brought everyone to my room.

" Come here, sweetie. I think it's a sign. We need to get you a new unicorn." Papa smiled at me and to be honest I was not feeling any better.

" She's not 5 anymore. She's 10 now. I think it's high time she stops dreaming about fairies and unicorns..." Ayan laughed aloud.

" Ayan..." I pounced at him.

" It's her dreams, Ayan. You've got no jurisdiction there not any more than she does in your more than stupid Avengers Reunited ones. Seriously, you gotta stop dreaming about them. Every damn night." Aman shrugged and I got the last laugh.

" Shut up, Aman..." He pushed him.

" I can't help if you keep shouting their catchphrases and punchlines all night. Really, Mumma, I think I'll be sleeping in the guest room soon."

" You..." Now Ayan pounced on Aman.

" Enough boys. Breakfast in 10. Go on..." Papa declared and they left followed by Mumma.

" You think unicorns are silly, Papa?" I asked. He gathered me in his arms.

" I think they're pretty cool. I love them but not as much as I love you though..." He smiled and I chuckled, " And if you love them don't let anyone tell you what kinds of dreams you can have. They're yours. You can dream about them as much as wish without ever being silly. They will always be a part of your wildest dreams. Treasure them." He kissed my cheeks and I hugged him.

For one, I know that unicorns can never be silly. They're the most amazing creature ever to exist. And two, Papa knows just how to make me happy. He got me a bespoke unicorn hamper and I shoved it in Ayan's face. He was grumpy all night.

And three, he encouraged me to always treasure my wildest dreams. No matter what.

~ Aavya, after one of her frequently occurring unicorn dreams. 🦄

❋❋❋

God, how we hate Goodbyes! They are the worst. And they're even more dreadfully painful between lovers.

" Hey! It's just a week. " Rose said.

" Yea, 1 week, 7 days, 168 hours, and 10,080 minutes. Don't make me count the seconds please." Aman retorted with a smug face.

" Don't be cheesy, okay? I didn't force you to go on this cooking retreat. " She added.

" Yes, but you nudged me too much. Now, I'm in knots."

" Shut Up. Also, we both know how tough it was to convince Uncle Ansh. " Rose replied.

" Oh, Rosie. If it hadn't been you and Mumma. But, now I wish you hadn't. I know I'll miss you too much."

" Not as much as I would." She quickly pecked on his cheeks. She knew how much he desired to be a part of that week-long retreat. She was also achingly aware that they both will miss each other too much.