𝑶𝒏𝒆

Christmas 1973,
Never Be Afraid

Freya and her friends Camilla and Erika were laying in a hospital, their parents were called, though the three girls were still recovering from their injuries. They were sick and the possibility of becoming a werewolf was very likely as Freya, Camilla and Erika, were attacked on the night of a full moon.

Freya's mother and father; Mr and Mrs Thorn had arrived at the hospital, they entered their daughter's hospital room. Mrs Thorn hurried to Freya's side, she sobbed as she brushed some of her hair away from Freya's face.

"Mr Thorn, might I talk to you in private?" a mediwitch asked, Mr Thorn followed the mediwitch out into the hall, across to her office. He closed the door behind him, the mediwitch gestured for him to take a seat.

"Mr Thorn, your daughter was bitten severely by a werewolf," Mr Thorn, ran his hand through his hair

"Is there anything you can do?"

"Unfortunately no, there isn't any cure for Lycanthropy, is she homeschooled?" she asked

"No, she attends Ilvermorny school," Mr Thorn said

"Is there any way you could homeschool her, Ilvermorny can't accommodate a werewolf under short notice," the Mediwitch explained

"We can't both my wife and I have jobs," Mr Thorn explained,

"I see, I can get in touch with the mediwitches of Ilvermorny to see if they could help," the mediwitch offered

"Thank you, may I take her home?" he asked

"Of course, I just need you to fill out these forms," the mediwitch handed Mr Thorn a document for him to fill out for Freya's discharge.

Mrs Thorn helped Freya out of her hospital bed into a wheelchair, she didn't talk much feeling like her body was on fire. A piercing headache, as though her hearing had been heightened, a smell of blood, lots of it, that made her feel like she could throw up, being in hospital blood were being taken by doctors, or people had injuries.

Freya's friends had already been given the all-clear to leave, a lot earlier than her. Once Freya had arrived home she remained in bed for the rest of the day, she also remained in bed for days after. Feeling incredibly drained after her attack, her parents had yet to talk to Freya about her newfound condition.

By the fourth day home, Freya began to feel a little better, not feeling as tired as she had been since returning home. Mr and Mrs Thorn had received a letter from Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, in regards to Freya's schooling.

Dear Mr and Mrs Thorn,

We regret to inform you that due to the short amount of time, in the discovery of your daughter, Freya Thorn's condition. We, unfortunately, can not accommodate your daughter at this time, but there is a school, in the United Kingdom, called Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

We have been in touch with the Headmaster, Professor Dumbledore, and Deputy Headmistress, Professor McGonagall. They are more than happy to accept Freya Thorn as a transfer student until accommodations can be made for her here at Ilvermorny.

We are terribly sorry and hope that Freya adjusts to her new condition soundly.

Kind regards,
Professor Malroux.

"What do you think we should do?" Mrs Thorn asked

"I don't think we have a choice, she'll be safe there, I'll get in touch with my sister she lives in Yorkshire,"

"And you think she'll take in Freya?" Mrs Thorn questioned "She hardly knows her,"

"We can't leave for England right away-

"Mom," Freya said,

"Yes, sweetie are you feeling alright?"

"Yeah, I was wondering if I could go to Erika's for a bit," Freya asked

"Sure sweetie, if you're sure you feel well enough," her mother said, she nodded

"Yeah, I think I just need some fresh air, I shouldn't be too long," Freya told her, Mrs Thorn nodded.

Freya walked out of her apartment, having no intention of going to Erika's house. She turned down the street, towards a nearby no-maj marketplace. Freya approached a wall, looking around her before she walked through the wall. She walked out into a place filled with others like her, wizards.

Freya looked around her, she didn't want to see anyone she might recognise, not while she was searching for a particular item. She cautious approached a store called 'The Witches Wolves' the store was strictly for werewolves, though they rarely came here, with it being a heavily wizard populated area.

She opened the door to a deserted store, she looked around, there were many things in there designed for Werewolves, wolfsbane potions, various herbs, chains the very sight of them caused Freya's entire body to shudder.

"May I help you dear?" an older man asked, he had scars on his face, they scared her slightly.

"I don't know maybe," Freya said, struggling to find the words, "I've been turned recently and I wanted to do as much research as I could before my first full moon,"

"Ahh, I should have known you were newly turned, not many wolves come in a few days after a full moon," he said, walking towards a bookshelf, "are you local?" she nodded "I'm sorry, werewolves know they shouldn't be in the city during a full moon," he took five books and put them in a black paper bag for her.

"These should help a lot, and if you have any questions," he said scribbling something on a piece of paper, "this is my address feel free to write to me, I know how difficult this can be it's nice to have someone who knows what you're going through,"

"Thank you so much sir," Freya said, fiddling through her bag for her money

"No, these are on me, and a piece of advice, never be afraid of your wolf, it's a part of you now,"