Prologue Pt.1

Howdy! I've been reading stories like these for a long time now and I've always had a bunch of ideas in my head but never got around to actually putting them on paper (or, in this case, typing it out😅). This is the first story I've ever written so please bear with me if the quality isn't great or anything. As such, I am open to any and all (constructive) criticism and advice. I also consider this story to be a prototype to test my writing abilities and improve on them to embark on a much much bigger project that I've had in my head for quite some time now. This story probably won't be very long but I figure I might as well actually do something with my ideas instead of just keeping them in my head. All right, without further Ado, let's get into it. *cracks knuckles* Ooo, cronchy.

"C'mon Y/N! You're too slow!"

"Chill Sonic, not like the temple is going anywhere."

On the streets of Kyoto, two 10 year old boys, one with blonde hair and a fancy camera and another with [H/C] hair and a stoic, uninterested look on his face were making their way through the gardens of Kyoto. (AN: I know Fuutarou was 12 in canon when he went to Kyoto but I changed it to 10 for story purposes. Also I changed it from a school trip to a family vacation.)

Fuutarou: "It's not every day we get to go on vacation, you know."

Y/N: "Yeah yeah I know...What's so great about this place anyway?"

Fuutarou: "Dunno, but Mom and Dad really wanted to come here and I saw it as an opportunity to take some awesome photos from the top of that Temple"

Y/N: "Riiiiight.... so basically it was to show off your fancy new camera...but why did I have to come, again?"

Fuutarou: "Because we haven't really hung out since I moved out of that apartment complex last month and I thought it would be cool to bring my bro along but dang, if that's how you're gonna be...You didn't HAVE to come along, you know?"

Y/N: "I mean... The way you got on your hands and knees and practically begged my parents to let me come along, you didn't really leave me much of a choice..."

Fuutarou: "W-wha...you saw that?? Your parents said you weren't home!"

Y/N: "They lied. Anyway, I'm surprised they were even home for you to ask. They don't really seem to care much about what goes on in my life so you really didn't even need to ask them in the first place."

Fuutarou: "Oh come on don't be like that. Sure they're never home but I'm sure they still love you and everything. They're probably just doing what they're doing so that way you can live a better life."

Y/N: *scoff* "Focusing entirely on work and schooling and not on their son? Yeah okay."

The two boys had lived next door in the same apartment complex since they were born. However, Y/N's parents were very busy people and almost never home, so he often stayed with the Uesugi's. Having grown up together, they have developed a bond that became so strong that they were beyond regular friends and had become brothers. However, a month prior, the Uesugi family had decided to move into a bigger space since their family had grown by one just a couple years prior and their bakery business was doing really well. Due to this, the boys hadn't seen each other for a month which was the longest period of time that they had gone without seeing each other since they were born. When Fuutarou heard that his family was taking a vacation, he knew he could use this as an opportunity to see his bro again.

Fuutarou: "Whatever dude. Be like that then. But at the end of the day, you know you missed me too."

Y/N: "If that's what you want to believe in go right ahead, I'm not stopping you." As he grabs Fuutarou, put him in a headlock, and proceeded to give him a noogie