ASPIRATION. 03

⋄

love
/ləv/ noun-verb

1n. an intense feeling of deep affection

1v. feel deep affection for (someone).

that's what the meaning of love was according to the internet. but just how could someone tell if they truly loved someone or not?

is it the butterfly feeling people feel in their stomaches? the tingly feeling when they want to intertwine each other's hands?

or the need and want to always be around them? the unwanted sight of anyone taking them away? the deep desire for them to be thinking about you?

was it more obsession than love at that point?

love is certainly a complicated, yet selfish human emotion.

oh how Megumi hated it.

ever since the eventful incident with his classmates and the Kyoto students, he was beyond paranoid. what lead from simple zoning outs, turned into sleepless and restless nights. mind active and eyes open, their words kept echoing in that head of his.

'she's unique...'

'you're boring.'

'if you don't do anything, someone will.'

because he allowed those measly words to get the best of him, Megumi was very fidgety and nervous around (Y/n).

many times he'd try to take a first step from the temptation of intimacy and other unknown urges, but withdrew as quickly as he did.

'just what am I doing?' he most likely thought.

even when the girl got physically close to the boy, he'd stiffen up—wanting to retreat though feared what she'd say... he was becoming self conscious.

'would she think i'm weird? boring? not interesting?'

the albino girl clearly noticed and sensed Megumi's change in behavior, bringing out her inner curiousity and confusion. however, she never questioned it any further.

it was interesting to see her childhood friend act a bit differently than he'd normally would.

'coming out of his shell' many would say.