Chapter 24: Kurando's Real Side

Chapter 24:

Kurando’s Real Side

 I gasped and span to face him in shock—how’d he know I was here? Also with Shiki?! I glanced up at Shiki and saw him glaring at Kurando.

   “Kurando!” I cried, “What are you doing here?” I soon realized that was the stupidest thing to even ask. What was he doing here? He was on patrol that’s why. I can be so stupid at times.

   He glanced me a look of stupidity mixed with rage—they both had feelings for me, quite strong feelings and I think it was coming down to me choosing who I loved more... who did I love more?

   “I see you love Yuna? I can sense your strong connection.” Shiki murmured.

   Kurando clenched his fists in anger. “Who are you even supposed to be?” he snapped and yanked my arm, “Yuna! You shouldn’t be hanging about Vampires. It’s not safe even with your ability.” I fell into his arms as his tug was quite powerful and I fell sideways. Shiki watched with a tight glare and a silent facial expression.

   “Kurando! Let me go!” I demanded wriggling in his grasp. He wouldn’t let me go and he frowned.

   “I told you to go back to your dorm! Why didn’t you?” He asked still holding his arms around my body to restrain me.

   “Because I needed to speak to Shiki first!” I cried as the purple aura surrounded me—my abilities were playing up again with my anger. I noticed Shiki step back. If he were to come in contact with me at this time, he’d receive a powerful stun!

   “Why are you charging your powers?!” he gasped and released me. I fell hard onto the ground on the sudden let go of my body and Shiki rushed to my side. My aura faded so he could now help me. “How dare you try to hurt me like that?! You know it won’t hurt me anyway so why?! You wouldn’t do that to him! Why me?! Why don’t you like me?! Why do you like him more?!” Kurando started to yell and covered his face with his hands. He began to quiver somewhat but I didn’t think it was from the cold or the shock finding out the one he loves likes another.

   “Kurando...?” I was starting to get really confused.

   “I see now. I thought you might’ve been an Aristocrat like me... but no, you’re not even a Vampire. You’re not human so what are you?” Shiki exclaimed and I glanced up at him in horror and confusion.

   “SAY WHAT?!” I cried and jumped up and ran behind Shiki like a scared child with his mother. “He’s not human?” I asked shaking in fear. I stared at Kurando... he was just standing there in silence looking as if he was sobbing into his hands. It was confusing and I didn’t know what to say or do.

   “No,” Kurando whispered, “I am human, just cursed.” I gasped and stepped back. Shiki pushed his hand behind him so I was to hold it. It was something to make me calm down and he was sweet for doing that. But to be honest it wasn’t working...

   “Cursed? Kurando what’s wrong with you?” I asked him in a slight whisper, he looked up at me with dead eyes; they were deep black in colour. I suddenly became terrified.

   “My families curse... I have a beast lurking inside me... inside my soul. When I become angry or stressed, it takes over my body and parts of him show.” He replied in a strange cracked voice.

   “What do you mean parts show of him?” I asked.

   “I grow... large wings and claws and I look... disgusting.” He muttered sadly.

   Kurando didn’t deserve this and he was still one of my close friends! I loved him but not as much as Shiki. He must have suffered so much through his life.