→ nineteen

Angel released a deep breath as she stared back at her reflection, refusing to believe it was actually happening. A small smile crept on the brunette's face as she took her appearance. She had chosen a simple, but elegant wedding dress for the big day. The lace wrapped around her arms to her neck, where it turned into simple white silk that dropped across her body. 

The petite girl reached up to pull back a loose strand of hair that had escaped from her tied-back hair, braided into a crown of sorts, and topped with a headband of diamonds that sparkled in her dark hair. It was a gift from Klaus, something he had been saving for a special occasion, and nothing could be more important than the wedding of his daughter. 

"You look stunning," Angel smiled at the voice, turning to find not only her father but Elijah and Rebekah as well.

The Knight girl blushed under the stare of the three vampires who looked at the young girl with a mix of happiness and sadness. Despite not knowing Elijah and Rebekah for long, Angel truly felt they were her family. As sad as she was to say goodbye to them, Angel was glad they were there for one of the most important moments of her life.

Glancing over the vampires, Angel noticed one particular vampire missing.

"No Kol?" Angel raised an eyebrow in surprise. She was sure the vampire would be coming to celebrate finally sending off the young human. 

"Probably for the best," Rebekah waved it off as Angel mentally nodded in agreement. The last thing she needed was Kol Mikaelson ruining her wedding.

Rebekah stared at Angel for a few more seconds before she released a squeal and pulled the bride in for a hug. 

"Bekah, can't breath," Angel huffed out as she reminded the vampire of her super-strength.

"Right, sorry," Rebekah sighed as she reluctantly released the girl from her death grip.

Angel released a hearty laugh as she glanced over Rebekah's shoulder at the vampire that stood behind her with tears glistening in his eyes.

"Come on, now," Angel teased as she made her way over and gave her father a hug. "You're not going to cry on my wedding day, are you?"

Angel pulled away to find Klaus viciously blinking away the tears in his eyes as he struggled to keep his composure.

"I am Klaus Mikaelson," the vampire declared with a puffed chest as the other vampires playfully rolled their eyes at their brother. "I do not cry."

"Come on you big baby," Rebekah laughed as she swung her arm over her brother's shoulder. "It's okay to cry for your daughter's wedding. It only happens once you know."

"I'm not crying," Klaus reiterated, not managing to convince anyone in the room as he threw Rebekah's arm off him.

"I believe it's time," Elijah interrupted their moment as butterflies erupted in Angel's stomach at his words. "Shall we?"

Elijah held his hand out for Rebekah and the two left the room to find their seats in the ballroom. Angel took a deep breath, smoothing out her dress before looking up to find Klaus holding his hand out for Angel to take.

"Ready?" Klaus asked Angel as she gladly took his hand and allowed him to lead them to the grand doors of the ballroom. With each step, Angel felt her heart beat faster in her chest as she struggled to calm her nerves.

Before they could enter, Klaus stopped as he turned to look at Angel seriously. She looked back up at her father with curious eyes, hoping he wasn't about to change his mind.

"Your sure this is what you want?" Klaus questioned, wanting to make sure Angel was completely certain of her choice.

"I'm sure, dad," Angel smiled up at her dad, her eyes sparkling with a happiness Klaus knew he could never give her. 

"Alright, then," Klaus muttered as he turned back to the doors, knocking on it three times before it was opened on the other side for them.

Angel took a deep breath before allowing her father to lead her forward. When she lifted her eyes, her heart stopped in her chest as she found James Taylor staring back at her with the same love-struck eyes she wore. Everything else faded away as Angel fought the urge to run to James, squeezing her father's arm even tighter to control herself. 

Klaus looked down at his daughter before glancing back up at the front, noting the pure love in the couple's eyes. Deep down, it gave him a sense of peace knowing she had least Angel had someone who truly loved her.

The two made it to the front much too fast for Klaus' liking as he was forced to release his hold on Angel as she took James' hands instead. Angel smiled up at her future husband, not noticing the sadness in Klaus' eyes as he left the two at the altar and took his seat next to his siblings.

Angel couldn't stop grinding, her eyes never leaving James' as the priest recited his lines.

"Do you, James Taylor, take Angel Knight to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do," James' words made Angel want to jump with joy as he flashed a smile down at her.

"And do you, Angel Knight, take James Taylor to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do," Angel's voice radiated the pure happiness she felt as she stared up into the loving ocean eyes staring right back at her.

"Then I now declare you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Neither could contain their excitement as Angel wrapped her arms around James, pulling him as they sealed their love with a kiss.

And in that very moment, Angel couldn't help but think that everything was perfect.