13. Jealousy

Scaramouche POV

"I'll be off Alastor."

"Ill see you around [Y/N]. Please, be weary of him"

He frowned a bit. "Hmph, Alastor..."

His anger was rising, for once he felt envious of someone, jealous. The way this boy flirted with you, the way you seemed to just click with him. What ever made this stupid brunette think he deserved and ounce of [Y/N]. Should he deal with him right here right now? No, she would notice. Besides, the Tsaritsa has already had it with his shenanigans involving [Y/N] that wasn't directly benefiting her. He has to kill her in the end not following through would result in him directly betraying the Tsaritsa... but was killing you really worth it? He didn't even know him personally and already hated the fuckboy for how he spoke with you. Well he hated many people, with exceptions such as you. However this Alastor was getting on his nerves. "My Lord! There you are harbinger childe-"

"I don't care what childe wants to say." He turned towards the fatui grunt. "If you follow what I say this instant maybe you won't go back with some bad news."

The fatui guard listened in fear of what would happen. "Yes, what is it you require."

"Get everything you know about this, 'Alastor Lichter' and send it to my office this instant. There must be files on him."

"But sir- you leave tomorrow-" their voice wavered a bit.

"I know that you troglodyte! Stop wasting time sitting here and get the information that you can by tomorrow." His voice was raising in volume.

With a quick nod the fatui grunt scurried away.

"Honestly, are all of them so incompetent and lousy imbeciles?" Turning around he was about to make his way back through the alleyways before you could see.He sighed before looking back through the shop window. "Is there competition between you and me Alastor? I will not hesitate to use any means necessary to win. Whether that means ruining your life or killing you with my bare hands."

[Y/N] POV

You felt a piercing stare which sent you on edge. Bringing Nox with you you began making your way to the now empty house. Walking down the street you began to talk to Nox, in a way it was talking to yourself.

"Am I doing the right thing? I mean this proposition is amazing. I'm going to a new region of teyvat, I'm continuing my job with the fatui, I'm leaving everything and everyone behind..."

The owl stood listening in its cage, tilting its head as if it was asking for you to continue.

"Well, I'm going to look on the bright side I could become a harbinger and instead of working underneath, I could work alongside the person I admire most."

You pondered your statement for a second. No, admire was too weak a word. What could it be...

Love?

Yeah right. He probably didn't reciprocate these stupid feelings. He was only following orders when he took you back. Why would he need you when he could order anyone else around just like you? That's the thing with lowly fatui workers like you.

"Easily replaceable"

That's what they told you. The voice saying this was awfully familiar. If you couldn't keep up to standards you were replaced. If you weren't good enough you were replaced.

"You are dispensable."

Fatui workers can always be replaced, Scaramouche could always replace you. Suddenly it clicked. The voice was none other than your bosses.

"Lowly scum. You are only here to serve the harbingers and Tsaritsa."

The thing was, you wanted to serve Snezhnaya. You looked up to the fatui. What you thought about them was shattered the first day of camp though. That hurt a bit, but it was every general speaking to the fatui who decide to step out of line, even a little bit. They said it every time to everyone.

You snapped out of it and began to send affirmations to yourself. "I can do this. If I become a harbinger I won't be expendable anymore. I would be of use."

You slowly came up to your house, opening the door to a barren sight. The furniture either was gone or covered in plastic. It was surprising to think just two days ago a family was living here.

You decided you had some time. So you pondered the walls, looking at family photos and more. Little you hugging Rihanna, as a baby, you and your mother ice fishing, and more. But one image caught your eye.

It was misplaced, stuck out like a sore thumb. It was sitting on an empty table in the living room. A note was next to it.

"As your mother, wanted you to know what your father looked like." The note had a small ring next to it.

It was a photo of your mother... With a man you had never seen before. Dark jet black hair falling short at his shoulders, tan skin and blue eyes. None of these features stood out to you, until you saw something peculiar. A small 4 point star on his neck. The same one on the ring. Whatever this photo was, you knew your mother knew it was important. She wanted you to know. That star... What could it mean?

Deciding you should get going before the sun would set you grabbed what you needed. You had an emergency bag full of things to last you if the fatui every needed to leave, meaning packing only had to include a few of your favorite things. You took your bags and carried nox on top. Your mind had questions. It had conflicts. But for now you focused on the fact of what lies ahead. Inazuma.

964 words

I'm kinda having writers block with this :( I might take some time out of writing this story to write the other idea I had since I got somewhat of a storyline going (originally this was a joke). Anyways stay safe!