71.A chat.

Maria: "You see, I've been trying to understand something. Only the two of you didn't know what happened to us so far, at first I thought that it was memory loss of some sort but your personalities have also completely changed from what they were before. Your kindness, actions and that mark that you got out of nowhere makes me believe that perhaps you're not even from around here, could it be that you used magic to time travel?"

She then looks at Jane and thinks for a second before coming to some sort of a conclusion.

Maria: "No, that wouldn't make sense, maybe Another world or something like that?"

That didn't take her long, as expected of Maria.

Maria: "Those expressions...heh, no wonder Helen took a liking to you~"

Now that she knows theres point in hiding it from her then.

[Y/n]: "You're not wrong about this...probably... Even we're not sure what happened."

Maria: "That's pretty unfortunate, your actions already tell me how much good you've done in your own world and now you're here, in a world where everyone hates you for the things you haven't done. But enough about that, [y/n] I need to confirm something before I let you guys leave."

[Y/n]: "And what might that be?"

Maria: "You'll see, come with me for a bit, preferably alone."

Jane: "No, not happening."

She wants me to be alone with her when I can't use my powers huh? Even though I don't feel any hostility coming from her I still need to be on guard in case she decides to act out in another way now that she knows that I'm a completely different person, *sigh* here goes...

[Y/n]: "Lead the way."

Jane: "What?! There's no way I'm letting you go alone with her!"

Even though Helen stayed silent this whole time, she had a worried expression on her face. To calm them down you turned to them and started patting them on the head.

[Y/n]: "I'll be fine, just wait for me to get back."

Helen nodded with a smile on her face, Jane however pushed your hand away.

Jane: "I'm not gonna sit here and wait! I'm either going with you or you're staying here, I'll keep you with me by force if I have to!"

She really doesn't want to let me go alone, can't blame her though who knows what she's been told or heard while she was here.

[Y/n]: "Jane would you keep someone as a prisoner for this long? Help them get back on their feet when they're in a bad condition? I'm not gonna lie, I don't fully trust this either but she seems to understand something and with you around there would be a barrier that wouldn't let us talk, besides if something happens to me I want you to look after Helen."

Jane: "That's...so unconvincing..."

She slowly walks up to you and hugs you.

Jane: "If you die on me, I'll be very mad at you."

Her voice was wavering, it seemed like she was about to cry so you hug her with one hand while patting her head with the other.

[Y/n]: "I know."

After a bit she let's go and you do the same, she then turns to Maria with a more serious expression on her face.

Jane: "If I find so much as a scratch on him..."

Maria winces in pain as the blade in her shoulder cuts deeper.

Jane: "...I'll make sure to hurt you ten times more."

Maria: "You don't have to worry about it, he'll be safe with me."

Jane: "He better be."

Jane's gaze softens when she looks at you again.

Jane: "Be careful... okay?"

You nod and turn to Maria.

She slowly stands up and walks up to the door as the blades around her dissapear one by one except for the ones that are stuck in her shoulder and hand. She then opens the door and walks through, you follow after her and close the door behind you.

Maria: "This way."

You follow her through a maze of hallways and doors in silence. You weren't sure what was on her mind to keep her this silent but you had a feeling that not interrupting her would be for the best.

Maria: "You're pretty silent, I was prepared to answer most if not all of your questions and yet... I don't sense any fear coming from you, so why the silence?"

It seems that we were both waiting for one of us to speak up first.

[Y/n]: "I was hoping that you would speak up first but..."

You both awkwardly laugh and then continue to be silent again afterwards.

Why is this so awkward!? Well whatever, I'll start talking if she won't.

[Y/n]: "I guess I should thank you for saving me."

She looks over her shoulder at you and smiles.

Maria: "You're welcome."

Another minute of silence.

[Y/n]: "Should we get those blades out?"

Maria: "I doubt that that's a good idea, I think that these two blades stayed there for a reason otherwise they would have dissapeared just like the rest. It could be that they stayed as a warning for me or maybe even her, who knows."

She could be right, these blades could have stayed as a simple warning or if she tries to do anything they might cut deeper and alert Jane to come and help me.

You see quite a few guards that are patrolling the hallways and each of them bow and don't say anything about the blades in her as you and Maria walk past them.

[Y/n]: "When will I be able to use my magic again."

Maria: "You're not thinking of running away now are you~?"

[Y/n]: "No, no I was just curious that's-"

She giggles and turns her head to you.

Maria: "I'm joking~ you don't have to be so serious~"

Now that you look into her eyes you can see quite a bit of sorrow in them, even though she's smiling now she isn't really happy about all of this.

[Y/n]: "So, where are we going?"

She stops and turns to one of the doors.

Maria: "You will see."

She opens the door and walks through, you follow after her. After closing the door and taking a look at the room you're in, you notice that it's very familiar. A corridor full of cells and as you walk through you see that most of them have one or two vampires and werewolfs locked behind them. You could also see them talking but no sound reached your ears.

[Y/n]: "Why are you keeping them here?"

Maria: "They went against me [y/n], there were a lot more of them before you showed up, I doubt that you need to ask what happened to them."

She... killed them?

[Y/n]: "I see."

Maria: "You're a lot calmer than what I expected you to be after hearing that."

[Y/n]: "I'm not gonna say that it was the best decision that you could have made but considering the position you were in... and the people you've lost..."

Maria: "I'm glad you understand~"

Again, that smile with eyes full of sorrow.

I wish that I could have been there for you Maria but wishing won't change anything, that's why I have to stop all of this before it gets any worse.

Maria then stops and turns towards one of the cells, you turn your head towards it as well and notice that Rachel is inside it.
.
.
.