Chapter Two: The Boot On The Hill

~.~.~Y/n's POV~.~.~
Parts 2 and 3

As the morning sun rose over the Diggory's house, the sky tuned pretty shades of pink and red, with a faint hint of purple. The trees and bushes had a faint pink hue to them and the calm lake reflected the view from the window.

"It's beautiful, isn't it Cedric?" I gawked as I continued to stare longingly out the window.

"It's very beautiful." Cedric smiled. "We should go down and let dad you were awake, we should be leaving soon."

"Okay, let's go." I replied, taking my eyes of the pinks that illuminated the sky.

Cedric hauled me off my bed and led me towards the door of my bedroom. The corridor of the Diggory's house was brightly lit, thanks to the tall ceiling high window that stood at the end of the four brown door corridor. The stairs were in the middle of the corridor, with another window dome and paintings and pictures that lined the walls, including pictures that involved me, Cedric, his father and his late mother.

I trudged down the creaking stairs, the pink and orange glow shining on my face causing me to squint my eyes shut. Cedric followed close behind me, being blinded by the morning sun same as me.

We walked into the living room to see the familiar ruddy-face and the scrubby beard that I had called my father figure for many years.

"Good morning Cedric, Y/n." Amos Diggory smiled to me and Cedric

"Morning dad." Cedric said groggily, still wiping his eyes from any crusty bits.

"Good morning Mr.Diggory." I replied, light shining in my eyes.

"I've told you many times Y/n. Call me Amos." Said Amos Diggory, the smile not leaving his face.

"Sorry Mr- Amos." I stuttered over my words, pale red flushing to my face with embarrassment. "How are you?"

"I'm good thank you." Amos said. "How are you two this morning?"

"I'm- uh. Good thanks." I smiled, although it being fake to hide my fear from the nightmare. This is because I don't want to worry Amos with that.

"I'm good too, very tired though." Cedric added after

"Who's ready for the Quidditch World Cup!" Amos cheered, excitement lacing his voice.

"I am!" I cheered back. "Thank you for getting me a ticket. You really didn't have to."

"Don't be silly Y/n! You've lived with us for four years. You're like a daughter to me."

"Really?" I asked with a clear confused expression in my voice.

"Of course." He replied with no hesitation.

"Thank you Amos. It means a lot." I chocked, refusing to let tears fall.

"And to add to that. You're like a little sister to me." Cedric added after.

"I'm a year below you Ced." I smirked, clearly a sibling like rivalry

"I'm still older, hence little sis." Cedric quipped