Prologue

Book Disclaimer

Copyright ©Horackova84 2022
All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form on by an electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without permission in writing from the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review.

Welcome to Royal Blood.
Please comment, vote, and add to your reading list.

This book contains adult language, sex, and a sprinkling of violence.
It is intended for mature readers only.

*There are a lot of characters and countries to keep up with in this book. If you feel like a reference guide  is needed I will be happy to make one ❤️*

Ziva

The funeral is beyond what anyone in my generation has ever seen.

People have come from all of the surrounding countries to pay their respects and say goodbye to a man that was feared almost as much as he was admired.

A man who led our country, Bellington, and all of the surrounding countries out from darkness and a time when people didn't know if they would even survive.

It's a farewell to a hero.
A farewell to our King.

The wind blows over me as I step out of the large church on our castles property and see people getting into their cars. Only a few of us will be going to the private cemetery further up the property where all of our previous family members have been buried.

Phoenix steps up next to me as I stand staring out at the endless sea of people all wearing black, all looking solemn.

"They never stop business even for a day, do they?" Phoenix asks, nodding over to the group gathered at the bottom of the stairs.

Vincent, Darian, Ophelia and Evren are all speaking to each other, looking tense. I know this is all more than they expected. The death was so sudden.
A shot speeding out of nowhere and a King was gone.

They were not ready to be scrambling to assemble everything for a new leader. The change wasn't supposed to happen for another 20 years.
No one was ready for this.

Except for me.

I've been preparing for this since I was a child.
The next in line to my fathers throne.
His only heir.

"Never a day off. Always plotting," I agree, finally turning to face Phoenix. "Where's my mother?" I ask, as we descend the stairs. "Already on her way out of the country again," Phoenix grunts, adjusting the jacket of her uniform.

I frown shaking my head in disgust. My mother couldn't even bother to pretend to care about my father. Even on a day like this.

"Are you ready?" She asks me drawing me out of my thoughts. I nod silently and she walks with me down to a waiting SUV, my guards following behind us.

Phoenix opens my door and I get inside, avoiding all of the people watching me as I sit and she closes the door. We are quiet as we ride over to the cemetery. Only 3 cars follow us, two filled with my guards, the other carries the members of the Advisory.

The ceremony at the cemetery is short and somber. I stare blankly through my black veil, numbing my emotions. I don't show how I feel to anyone, just like my father taught me to do. There's no one who ever sees how I truly feel about anything, not even Phoenix who is with me every day.

I glance over to my Advisors and see that Darian is staring over my shoulder. I hear the sound of tires on the gravel behind us. Everyone turns to see a large white SUV approaching and my guards stand and move to create a better barrier around me.

Phoenix stands, her entire demeanor changing as she walks towards the SUV's with Vincent ahead of her. The doors of the SUV opens and I clench my fists seeing the men getting out.

I don't bother moving from my seat as they shake hands with Vincent and talk to him for a moment before he walks them over to me. I finally stand as the King of our neighboring country, Poshire, steps in front of me, giving me a sad smile.

"Princess Ziva. We've come to pay our respects to you. I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss. Your father and I did not always see eye to eye, but I had great respect for him as a leader," King Warren says, looking me in the eyes.

I nod, "Thank you. I appreciate you.." I turn to look at his sons behind him, "And your family, traveling here," I finish, even though I'm less than happy to see any of them here. Warren and my father were not enemies, but definitely were not friends. Poshire is the only country near us that has refused to join our alliance. Their relationship was very tense, but had stayed mostly respectful. Until recently.

"Well I will leave you. We just wanted to pay our respects," he says, taking a step back from me. I glance over at his sons to see Nepar staring at me with a sly look on his face that makes me narrow my eyes at him. King Warren follows my gaze and Nepar sees him, and looks away from me.

I watch as they all turn and get back in their SUV as Phoenix comes back by my side. She still has a murderous look on her face, and I find it hard to believe sometimes the two personalities she carries.

We stand next to each other and watch them disappear down the road. "Nice of them to stop by," Phoenix says dryly. "Wasn't it?" I mutter.

"Paying their respects?" She asks turning  to look at me. "More like looking for cracks in the foundation," I respond. "Sadly for them, there isn't any."