Chapter 17

*Ring*

Issac cursed as he heard his phone ring in his pant pocket. He was so close.

"Mom." He groaned out before picking up the phone, turning his back to Lillian.

Lillian looked at the back of his head, dazed.

Was he.... going to kiss me?

She wondered.

She felt her heart skip a beat and her back go stiff in discomfort.

Sure he looked cute...but did she want to kiss him?

Maybe, maybe not.

She recalled reading people with schizoid have problems with intimacy.

She wondered once again, whether she had that personality disorder or not.

"Mom is asking us to come down." Issac said as he tucked his phone inside his pant pocket.

Lillian nodded her head as she felt a slight headache kick in.

Issac reached his hand out to her but she didn't take it and went past him making him thin his lips, looking like he was smiling with a tight expression.

Maybe he should give up the thought of winning her heart. She was too distant. But why did the thought of not being with her tug at his heart in a painful manner.

"Where were you both? I was searching for the two of you for a while." Stacy complained as their foot touched the ground.

Issac looked at him mom sheepishly while Lillian took in the scene around her.

A bunch of teenagers passed out on the floor, Riley was shaking her hips seductively with her arms in the air. One of her hand holding on to a whiskey bottle and a couple of her friends that were not passed out on the couch were giggling to themselves, occasionally hicupping.

Lillian was certainly surprised no one was banging each other but mentally rolled her eyes as she saw some condoms laying around.

"What the hell! We were only way for 30 mins." Issac said, chuckling to himself.

"Teenagers. I'm telling you, they are crazy." Stacy said shaking her head.

The son and mom duo shared a look before simultaneously looking at Lillian.

"Do not associate me with them." Lillian said shaking her head, hoping that they realized that she was joking. No matter how many times she tried to put more emotion into her voice, it still ended up sounding haughty and cold

Issac giggled followed by Stacy, who was not sure whether she was offended or being humorous at first.

They moved around the pile of human bodies and reached their dad.

"I can't believe they managed to get alcohol is here." Benjamin said, pinching the bridge of his nose to calm himself down.

"You look so much like Riley yet you are so different. How?" Zach said coming out of nowhere, leaning on his elder brother's shoulder to support himself as he hiccup-laughed the question out.

"If I get my hands on the person that brought alcohols, they are dead." Steve said through gritted teeth. Annoyed that he had to look after his drunken brother as if he were some teenager.

"Thank God you are not like our sister." He said looking at Lillian.

"There's my twin sister." Riley sung from the other side of the room making the family turn their head towards her.

"Let's go there. Your son is heavy to carry." Steve said as he supported Zach to jump over all the people since Zach wanted to go on an 'adventure'.

The family followed suit except they didn't jump over people instead walked on the empty spaces.

As soon as they reached the couch, Steve dropped Zach there and stretched his hand to loosen his muscles.

Riley exclaimed in delight looking at her family members.

"Who wants to get to know Lillian more?" She said into the mic, where she got it from- no one knows.

Zach raised his hands with a drunken smile making Steve slap his bicep, which forced his hand down though the slap wasn't hard.

But he gotta admit, Steve was curious too. Just who was his baby sister's sister.

Riley smiled at Lillian and looked around her feet in search for something.

A beer bottle.

"Okay so let me tell you the game rules. The person it points to has to answer the question the other person the bottle pointed to asks. The person that asked the question should answer the question too." Riley explained the games rules.

Issac looked impressed, Stacy and Benjamin nodded their head and Zach giggled making his elder brother slap the back of this head.

"Well then, let the game begin."