Chapter 31 - The Disorder

She was lucky she only received a cut from Zankoku and not her whole arm being severed off...

    Yama held the unconscious woman's arm as he carefully disinfected the slice before applying bandages. At this rate, she'll become a mummy by how many bandages she has.

"I'm gonna kill that fucker..." Akai growled. Thinking back to Brus' attempt at pummeling him with the mallet of his.

    He was at the foot of (Y/N)'s bed leaning against the wall with his bruised arms crossed tightly. They were beginning to heal up but getting punched by a muscle type is different than any other type of demon. Ki on the other hand wasn't thinking about the demon's attack on them but why Brus attacked them. The moment happened so quickly but he remembers (Y/N)'s eye flashing before the large demon went psycho. He turned his head from looking out into the halls and laid his eye on his love.

    Her body was hunched against the wall while her legs laid limp off the bed and her head dangly forward. One arm back to being chained to the bed frame while the other in the doctor's care. Her shirt was still wet and soaked in her blood from falling in it.

    Before Yama began working on her, Akai had ripped a strip of fabric from his coat and used it as a blindfold to tie around (Y/N)'s eyes. After seeing what she did to Brus, it was better to keep her blindfolded for a little while. At least until they knew she couldn't do it again.

"Dude."

    Ki looked up to Akai who had a questioning but disturbed look. "You think that redhead bitch did something to her?"

"I9?" Akai nodded to Ki. "What she did reminded me of back then? Remember?"

     That's right. Back when I9 got the jump on them and created two false (Y/N)'s to distract the two. Not exactly the same as Brus' stupor but it felt like the same trick. Except it was the woman they loved behind it and not some decrepit beast.

     Yama listened, intrigued.

     Ki huffed as his eye went back to (Y/N)'s body. "You think she's I9?"

"The fuck? No!" Akai shook his head. "I'm saying that dead bitch must've still did something to her. Probably more than what we think. I mean look at her-"

     They both observed her body and the obvious changes that were completely different than how she was when they first met her. "Her hands, her veins, her eyes. I know that redhead bitch is dead, I saw its burnt body when I left that theatre. But it still did something to her."

     At this moment Dog had entered into the cell carrying a bucket of warm water with him and an old rag that Yama asked him to retrieve. He heard their conversation when he got near the cell and was a bit surprised. They must not know about (Y/N)'s abilities? He carried the bowl to Yama who motioned for him to set it down. Once he did the doctor soaked the rag in the water and began washing the blood off of the woman. Starting with her hand and working up to her shoulder.

    Dog sadly watched but was relieved she didn't have to go through a bloodbath like him.

"You think Reuban is I9?" Ki deeply muttered.

"Reuban could be fucking anybody." Akai gritted his teeth. "And if that bastard is I9, there's no chance it's (Y/N). I9 was able to merge bodies to itself but we don't see (Y/N) doing that shit!"

    Ki agreed. "It didn't have yellow eyes either or that scent it had. She doesn't smell like one of us either or have our blood."

    The blond tsked. It's like no one in this entire place was listening to them. "If Zankoku keeps thinking she's a demon than he's even more of a dumbass than I thought."