16: manējā wa maid-sama

SUMMER BREAK ENDED

     SUMMER BREAK ENDED...

like a dream, for the students' freedom was now limited. though sukuna and chiyo had more time to spend together, it was not spent together.

"aoki-chan~ can you stay after to help us make the poster for the cultural festival please? we have to attend something", suzuki — one of the girl's classmates — asked.

     "b-but...I'm the basketball manager. I have to—"

     "aoki-san, since when did you become so uncooperative?", nakamura, another classmate of chiyo's chimed in.

     "yeah yeah! just because you were chosen as the team manager doesn't mean you can neglect your normal duties!", mikan huffed, as chiyo gripped onto the strap of her bag.

"I'm not..."

"anyways, this poster needs to be done by tomorrow so that we can show gojō-sensei. thank you for your hard work!", nakamura giggled, skipping off with her friends, as chiyo took three deep breaths in and out.

     heading towards the gym first, chiyo was greeted by the captain of the elite team: kamo noritoshi.

     "ah, aoki-san, coach asked for the stats sheet on all of us. he said he needs it by tomorrow. and can you make sure that you and ozawa-san bring filming equipment to our game this weekend please?"

     "of course, kamo-senpai. is there anything else you need us to do?", chiyo asked with a tired smile, jotting everything down in her phone's notes app.

     "can you sew by any chance?", kamo asked.

     the second-year simply nodded.

     "I'm not super talented at it, but if it's something like fixing button or something, I think I can..."

     "then would it be possible for you to fix inumaki and mahito's jacket? they said that their pockets or something have been bothering them for a week now", kamo explained.

     "oh...sure! anything else?", chiyo politely asked.

'please don't say anything else...'

"that's all. thank you for your hard work", the dark-haired male stated.

"no, thank you", chiyo bowed, as she took a seat on the bleachers next to ozawa.

"chiyo-chan, what's your homeroom doing for the cultural festival?", the first-year questioned, as the boys were all stretching under kamo's instruction.

"ah, we're doing a maid café", chiyo answered.

"ehh? sounds fun! our class decided to combine with two other classrooms and do a haunted theme. sukuna was nominated to be one of the scare-actors", ozawa informed.