Chapter 1

(Ok, I can still make it on time!) You thought to yourself as you quickly made your way through the collage campus. The next dance competition your school's dance team was competing in was in only a month, and it's a pretty major one too. You knew you couldn't miss a single practice if you wanted to be prepared for it. Unfortunately, drama class ended up ending a bit later than you'd like it to, and now it was a race against the clock to make it on time.

Luckily, the campus wasn't too crowded today, so you were able to make it to the dance room pretty quickly. Thank the Ancients both rooms were in the same building.

"Y/n! There you are!" You heard a familiar voice call out to you as you arrived. You looked over to see your best friend Popping Candy heading towards you.

"Oh hey Popping!" You replied to him.

"Drama class get out late again?"

"*sigh* Yep. I was worried I'd be late."

"Well, you still have time. You should get ready!"

"Right, let's stretch together once I finish changing alright?"

"Sounds good!"

With that, you headed to the dressing rooms to change from your regular school uniform to your sports uniform. You'd known Popping Candy since high school and almost immediately became best friends due to how much you two had in common. Like you, Popping Candy loved music and dancing, but he wanted to become an idol one day. You on the other hand wanted to become an actor and took up dance mostly for fun. Still, you both enjoyed each other's company and even talked about how one day you two would play the lead roles in a drama together. It was always fun to talk with him, and you really hoped his dream would one day come true.

Once you finished changing, you put your bag in a cubby and headed back out to the dance room. There, Popping Candy had already started stretching and motioned for you to come over once he saw you. With an excited wave, you headed over to him so you could begin stretching yourself.

"Did you see Shining Glitter's newest performance Y/n?" Popping Candy asked you as soon as you came over and began stretching.

"Oh yeah, I did! She was amazing wasn't she?" You replied.

"Of course she was! She's the coolest idol ever!" Shining Glitter was only just a few years older than you and Popping Candy, but she was already one of the top idols in the world. She was also Popping Candy's favorite music artist, he would constantly talk about her and even said he wants to someday be an idol that could inspire others just like how she inspired him.

"Alright everyone!" The dance instructor said to the students in the room, making everyone, including you and Popping Candy, look over. "As you all probably know by now, next month is the Annual Cake Slice County Dance Competition. We have to practice as much as we can before then, so we'll just do a quick warm-up and then get straight to practicing, all right?"

"Yes ma'am." The students replied, getting into two lines for the warm ups. Like always, you and Popping Candy took your places right next to each other. Everyone always joked that you two were inseparable. You guys couldn't help it, you both just enjoyed talking with each other a lot and, all things admitted, you both were pretty clingy as well. You more than Popping Candy really. Once everyone was ready, the dance instructor started up some music, went to the front of the class, and the warm ups began.

[After Dance Practice]

"Whew, I'm pretty beat." You said as you and Popping Candy started to leave the Art building. After warm ups, the entire practice was spent on working on the dance for the competition with very few breaks. It was a fun dance and you enjoyed it, but it got tiring after a while, and you were ready to just relax the rest of the day.