𝟎𝟔.

𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐔𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄, her eyes glossed over and a frown etched onto her face. Whilst her siblings were at prom, her parents were hunting.
What a romantic dinner.
But of course, Cora was left alone, again. She wouldn't have gone to prom even if she was a Junior. She can't help but wish that she were in France.
I wonder if my friends are still healthy and alive
They would be healthy and alive, most likely. It has only been forty something years since she was turned.
But her parents... She had no idea what happened to them after she went missing and supposedly died.

She thought about it often. What would her life be if she wasn't a monster? Would she be happy? Would she be free? Maybe, maybe not. But she wishes she had the chance to find out.
Cora knows who turned her now. It was Laurent. She knew she recognized that man from somewhere. And when Cora had glanced at Edward and noticed the look he was giving Laurent... she just knew.
"Hm." Cora hums to herself, thinking of her past.
She also thought about her past often. She wasn't the one to just forget and move on. No. She wouldn't do either. She would grieve and then grieve some more. Maybe even lash out at times.

But what did everyone expect of her? She was only a child after all. But she realizes that nobody could truly understand the pain she felt right now. Nobody knew how she was registering and dealing the trauma
Jasper could feel it, but he couldn't heal it.
Edward could hear it, but couldn't feel it.
Esme could see it, but couldn't soothe her pain.
Carlisle could see, hear, and feel it, but he would never be able to help her in the way she needs to be helped.

Cora remembers in primary school when her friends would ask the most basic question. If you could have one special ability, what would it be. She said immortality. Of course, she was a child, what else would she say? She told her friends that she'd get to have everything she'd ever wanted. She'd live forever and ever and it would be the best thing she'd ever get to experience. How she'd joke about how she would outlive all of them and would live to see her friends grow old.

But no. Her dream came true and Cora wishes now more than ever that she had a lifespan of 70-100 years. Now, she'll live until humanity dies and it couldn't be more depressing.

A lifetime full of loneliness. Always being a third wheel. But sometimes she likes being alone. It's peaceful and refreshing. It's quiet and she can think and feel whatever she wants without being invaded. It's not their fault, they can't control their gifts. But it is irritating to know that they know everything you do and maybe even think.

An hour or two later her parents return. Carlisle and Esme laughing as they enter the front door. Esme shushes Carlisle before running upstairs to check up on Cora. When she finds her, Cora is smiling at her computer. "Welcome back." Cora greets, tearing her eyes away from the video. "What are you doing?"
"It's a cat." Cora coos, staring at the animal that rolls around on the carpet. "I've always wanted a cat." Esme looks at her with a smile.
"You never told us that." Cora shrugs. "You never asked." Esme nods, placing a hand on her shoulder before turning away and running back to her husband.

Her siblings soon come back from their lovely dance. As soon as Alice walks through the door she's already abandoned Jasper, her dress twirling around her legs as she jumps at Cora.
Alice smiles at Cora with a look in her eyes and she nearly flinches at the intense stare. "Uh.. Alice?"
"You're gay!" Cora raises a brow. "What? Where is this coming from?"

Cora was not gay.
Where was Alice even getting this from?
"Maybe not yet. But you will be gay, very soon." Cora stares at her like she's insane.

"Okay.." Cora nods slowly, very uncomfortable.
"Well, since I am going to be gay can you tell me who I'm gay for?" Alice shakes her head. "Nope!"
"Where's Edward?" Alice smirks at her little sister. "He's with Bella."
"Damn it." Now she can't persuade Edward to read her mind.
Can't she just tell me already?

Cora didn't have the chance to see her family before they left and her topaz eyes widen at the nicely dressed vampires.
"You guys clean up nicely." Emmett grins, swinging an arm over her shoulder. "You've seen us dressed up before, Cora."
"Yeah well, I never really paid attention. I feel very underdressed." Rosalie smirks, rolling her eyes before pushing Emmett off of Cora and taking his place. "Well... Alice and I are going to Seattle in a week. There's this new boutique. It has good reviews and the items look exquisite. Would you like to come—"
"Yes."

Alice smiles at her earlier vision. Though her heart cracks once she sees who Cora's mate is. The rest of the family won't be happy.

Cora lays on a sofa, a large grin on her face and an unusual look in her eyes. A moment later a figure comes into view. They offer their hand and Cora happily takes it, placing a kiss to the top of her hand before letting them pull her up. Cora giggles, staring deeply into deep red eyes, the intense black eyeshadow giving away who it was.

Jane.

a/n: guess what gift cora is gonna get in a chapter or two

a/n: guess what gift cora is gonna get in a chapter or two. 🤪
SCHOOL ENDS IN A WEEK AND IM SO FUCKING HAPPY OMGGG
also, i'm so excited. JANEEEE YESSS. this is my own book and i'm already so excited to read the next chapter
END OF TWILIGHT

written: 5/5/2022