You/Mitsuba Sangu - Answers(Angst)

TW: Death

You clenched your tight as you used all your strength to hold back Mitsuba's axe

You clenched your tight as you used all your strength to hold back Mitsuba's axe. She smirked at you when she noticed you struggling to hold her back.

"Just give up. I'm not going to hold it against you if you do."

"Never."

Letting out a battle cry, you surprise Mitsube enough to push her back. You rush to put some space between the two of you and hold up your sword to wait for her to attack.

"Impressive. I honestly thought you were going to pass out. You always manage to surprise me."

You're struggling to catch your breath so it was difficult to talk. You just give her a smile and motion for her to attack.

"Can't be too predictable."

You brace yourself for impact as Mitsuba runs towards you for another attack.

"Enough!" Mitsuba trips as she hears Shinoa from above. You drop your sword to be able to catch her in your arms. "You've been training for hours! I told you that you needed to rest! Why can't you just listen to me!?"

"Thanks." Mitsuba mumbles under her breath as you help her stand. You think you're imagining things when you notice a hint of pink on her cheeks. Before you could make sure that she was blushing, Mitsuba puts her axe away and heads back towards the dorms. "Sorry, Shinoa. We got carried away."

Shinoa nods and lets Mitsuba pass through.

"We're heading out on a mission in a couple of days. Please avoid doing your weird foreplay before we head out."

"Shinoa!" Thankfully, Mitsuba was already too far away to hear." You put away your sword and make your way to your sister. She laughs when you glare at her. "You can really be annoying when you want to be."

"Yeah? Well you know you love me. I make your life interesting."

You just shake your head as you make your way back to your room. You regretted ever telling Shinoa about the fact that you liked Mitsuba. When you told her that you weren't going to ever admit to it, Shinoa seem to made it her personal mission for you to confess. Usually it involved in making comments or pairing the two of you up.

X

You let out a sigh of relief when you finally laid down in your bed. It seemed like with every training session, Mitsuba was getting stronger. You often used to win during the training matches but they've lately been ending in ties with Mitsuba close to winning. You enjoyed the trainings because it allowed you to spend time with her. You had hoped it would allow for the two of you to grow closer but it somehow did the opposite. Sometimes it seemed that Mitsuba only saw you as a rival that she needed to beat.

Your thoughts are interrupted by someone knocking at your door. Thinking it was Shinoa, you allowed them to come in.

"Hi. I heard you and Mitsuba had another training session." Yuuyuu holds up a bag of snacks in one hand and an ice pack on the other. "I thought you might need this."