FIFTY ONE

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

I promised Cleo I'd go over to see Everett today and apologise for my inexcusable actions, she wanted me to make things right and I wouldn't go back on my word

I promised Cleo I'd go over to see Everett today and apologise for my inexcusable actions, she wanted me to make things right and I wouldn't go back on my word. Deep down I knew I had to make amends, I couldn't move on until he had accepted my apology and Cleo saw my progress.

Our relationship means more to me than my pride, she makes me accept when I'm in the wrong rather than going off into a tangent. I want to be a better person because of her, she thinks logically and she's smart. God, she's so damn smart.

For all I know Everett might end our allied formation, forbid us from seeing Cleo's old pack again and shun us away with what I had done. If anything, I never got to know Everett.

Maybe that's where I went wrong, I kept away because it's clear that he's powerful in what he does. He intimidates what I have because it feels like competition even though it shouldn't, we should be supporting each other. Especially if we build a truce.

If I manage to earn back his trust and his forgiveness then I'll actively make the choice to go with Cleo to help with her old pack. I know that is what she wants, she wants me to be more involved and that's probably my fault for taking a backseat. For giving Cleo and Everett time to be alone, I only provoked myself by not supporting them.

Cleo had got a hold of Fran and got me in touch with Everett, he welcomed me down to their pack house and I felt relieved he even thought about letting me into his home after I punched him.

Good Alpha's keep themselves under control.

I told Cleo to train the pack whilst I was out, I had no idea how long I'd be or what would go down. But I wanted the pack to get out and spend the day with Cleo, give them something to focus on whilst I was away. I know she'd make them work hard and that's exactly what I needed, reassurance that she knows what she's doing.

As I approach his beautiful white pack house I suck in a breath, almost forgetting what it looked like. Guards let me into the gated community and I walk through the neatly trimmed garden.

Everett meets me at the front door, standing tall, not a hair out of place. He made me feel like a mess of a man when he stood so proud, elegant and fresh.

"Kassian," he nods his head once.

I climb up the steps, keeping my eyes firm on his. "Everett," I nod back.

His blue eyes flick between mine before he beckons his head into the house. "Come," his deep voice says. "Let's go talk in my office."

I don't say anything but follow him through the house, having flashbacks of the party not too long ago. He draws me round to the back of the huge manor and he holds open a dark oak door, I nod at him in appreciation and slip inside.