42 : Rainy afternoon.

─────── ⋆⋅🎨⋅⋆ ───────

The two lovers were still at the cottage.

After eating well with a glass of warm wine on the side they decided to play pool for a little bit, though Mira -who has changed into one of her boyfriend's hoodie she brought- kind of sucked at it.

But now they were laying on the big couch watching Pulp Fiction, her head on his chest with his hands under the hoodie, slowly moving up and down her back.

"Captain.."

"Mh ?"

"What do you think Aaliyah and Eren are doing right now ?" She asked.

Though Mira enjoyed the time she was spending with her boyfriend, she couldn't help but feel a little curious about her best friends' whereabouts.

That hangout could possibly destroy their friend group, and that made her anxious. She didn't want to be stuck in the middle of this mess.

"Checking how strong that lace is." He casually answered.

"What do you- Oh.. Oh !"

She tried to sit up but he pulled her back towards him.

"Can't you just stay still ?" He asked, wrapping a leg around hers.

"You're so clever.."

"As always."

There was a small silence as they focused on the movie again, but Mira kept wondering something, especially since it kept popping up on the screen.

".. You don't smoke anymore ? Not that I'm saying you should, but I'm kinda curious."

"Sometimes I stop for a few weeks, and then start again." He answered. "I haven't smoked in like.. Three weeks now ? But on the way back I'm gonna buy some cigarettes."

"Why can't you just.. Not smoke at all ?"

Honestly, Mira couldn't care less if Taehyung smoked or not. He was a grown man who knew the risks of it, plus, nobody starts smoking for no reason, at least such heavy smokers like him.

She knew by now that he had been going through some shit, and if he found comfort in the cancer stick, so be it, she won't interfere.

It was his choice.

"I don't know.. I enjoy smoking, as weird as that sounds." He shrugged. "Maybe I'll stop one day, maybe I won't, but as of now I don't really want to."

She hummed in response, her hand pushing his hair away from his face, caressing it from the tip of her fingers.

She could imagine why he started.

Getting practically kicked out of home at seventeen, living under the pressure of his father, a sister who tried to control his life and a world that seemed boring to him, all the perfect recipe for anyone to become an addict, whether it was cigarettes or worse.

If he ever wanted to stop she'd support him, if he wanted to keep going, she'd understand him.

That's all she could do.

"Have you talked to Moon ?" She asked, now comfortably laying on her stomach and thoroughly ignoring the movie.

"She texted me a few times about how disappointed she is or whatever but I never really answered, she's my sister but she's also a pain in the ass.. I'll talk to her at some point, but it certainly won't be anytime soon."