Chapter 11

{a/n: TW: mentions of violence and death}

"Hu Tao, you're worrying me... what is going on?"

"You should be worried, Y/n"

Hu Tao and Kazuha came at your house unannounced and were now sitting on your couch looking at you concerned. Your high school friend told you she needed to talk with you, and that made you think the worst things, like someone died on their way home. You felt weak on your knees, so you took a seat in front of them. There was no chair and not another couch, you just sat there, on the cold floor. You couldn't care less, you were worried sick at that point.

Even when the boy spoke with his voice that always managed to calm you down, you were still breathing heavily "Do not worry that much, dear Y/n. And... I'll just stay here for a while, I'll leave you two girls alone shortly, I need to talk to someone else too"

"Just what is it guys?!"

"Y/n... You couldn't hear it when Scaramouche run away with you, but... how can I say it...?"

"Wait, wait, wait, is all this about that stupid tattoo?! Fucking archons, you gave me a heart attack"

"Huh..." Kazuha looked at Hu Tao, then his attention went back to you "Did you already know it?"

"No, I didn't know anything, I still don't know anything, I have no idea what 'it' is, and I don't wanna know anything. Not now, not from you. I told him I would have waited for him to tell me, I told him I wouldn't ask Zhongli, I don't wanna listen to you either"

"Y/n, this is serious, we're not talking about a normal tattoo, that is-"

"HU TAO! I'm serious too. I don't want to know something about him from someone else, he clearly was devastated when you found out, I don't want to hurt him, he'll tell me when he will feel ready"

"He could never feel ready. He could never tell you, you could forget about it, you could keep on hanging around him and one day find yourself in a really dangerous situation. I know you're getting closer and closer, and I know you might fall for him, I also know I shouldn't butt in your business and your life, finally you're having a life worth living, getting out of this house and doing something else beside studying, but I don't want to see you at the parlor. So please, listen to me"

"You're making it sound like he's some serial killer, jeez Hu Tao, it's a tattoo! And no, I don't wanna listen to you, I'm sorry. He's just a friend, I thought I gave you plenty of proofs that I'm not in love with him, cut the crap with this 'you fall for every grumpy emo boy', he is just a friend. And I made a promise to a friend, I'm not breaking it"

"Fatui"

"Huh...?"

"He's a Fatui Harbinger"

"HU TAO FOR FUCK SAKE!"

"Y/N THEY KILL PEOPLE! I SAW IT! I-I don't want you to be at the parlor with their symbol... burned on your forehead like that old man... I can't even imagine it..."

At this point, you knew. Hu Tao made sure you knew even if you didn't want to. There's no coming back, now. You knew it. And you wished you never let them in. Your thoughts were a mess, you heard about a certain Fatui when you were little, but you never knew a lot about it, and for sure you had no idea what a "Harbinger" was. You didn't want to believe her, what was she talking about in the first place...?

"Hu Tao, what the actual fuck are you talking about, he's just Scaramouche... you know him... Are you... saying he killed someone? Did you saw him killing this old man you mentioned? Are you 100% it was him? He is a killer?"