Chapter 3

**Flashback**

"Lauren, it's late. That's enough cartoon for today. Turn off the TV. You have school tomorrow." Clara said to her 8 years old daughter while ironing her customer clothes.

Clara sighed when Lauren didn't budge from her spot. Placed her iron on the side, she made her way to Lauren.

"Lauren, it's late. Go to sleep now." Clara said before grabbing the remote and turn off the TV. She pulled Lauren up on her feet and started dragging her to the bedroom.

"Mom,"

"Yes, honey," Clara replied, stopping at the bedroom doors.

"Why didn't Uncle Dwayne (AN : The Rock) and Uncle Chan (AN : Channing Tatum) come and see me? They didn't visit as much as before. I miss having them around." Lauren looked at her mom, waiting an answer.

It's been so long that she didn't see her uncles. Usually her uncles from her dad's side will bring her to places. They're rich. Lauren enjoyed befriended her cousins, but her mom didn't. She didn't like it when Lauren hangs out with her dad's side family. Lauren didn't understand why her mom acted like that while they're just being nice.

"They're busy honey." Her mom replied shortly.

"Why are we poor mom? I like staying at Uncle Chan's house. It is big. Aunt Jenna is nice... I like Belle a lot. She's pretty and kind. I like staying at Uncle Dwayne's house too, even though Quincy is always picking up a fight with me."

"Go to bed, honey," Her mom said, avoiding the question.

Lauren sighed and looked at her brother, Logan (AN : Logan Lerman) who was sleeping on the bed across from her bed.

"I want to say goodnight to daddy." Lauren said before scurrying away.

"Dad!" Lauren called as she stepped outside her house to her dad's small workshop beside their small house.

"Hey sweetie," Her dad, Mike greeted. He apparently was repairing a motorbike. "What are you doing outside? It's late."

"What are you doing outside? It's late." Lauren repeated the question. Imitate her dad.

Her dad chuckled, "I need to finish my work."

Lauren hummed and nodded in understand, "I need to say goodnight to you."

"Aw sweetie, I'd hug and give you a kiss but I'm covered with oil and grease."

"It's okay daddy." Lauren said. She eyed her dad's right biceps. There's a dragon linked with a skull tattoo. The same tattoo that inked on her uncles body too.

"Dad, what's that symbol mean?" She asked.

Lauren remembered asking the same question to Uncle Dwayne. He said, 'People will respect whoever have that symbol inked on their body. Whatever you did, no one dares to fight back.' Lauren thought maybe if she has the same tattoo on her, people will respect her or maybe she'll be rich like Uncle Dwayne and Uncle Channing.

"Lauren. You can't have this symbol tattooed on you." Her dad answered with a stern voice.

"Why not? You have it on you."

"You can't Lauren. I supposed to remove this, but it's a complicated process and there's a lot of risk, pain and money,"

Before Lauren could say something, a car parked in front of their house.