Wife Selection

WOW TWO CHAPTERS POSTED CLOSE TOGETHER!?! Look at me being productive lmfao!!

Enjoy the chapter!

---------

I stayed in my father's arms for what felt like forever. So long that Roberto slipped away outside so quietly, we didn't notice. My father waited until the tears stopped rolling down my face before pulling away from me. He sat me down back into my seat before taking a seat where Roberto was.

"Catch me up, sweetheart," Papa whispered to me.

---------

It took almost three hours to catch Papa up with everything since we last spoke. Time flew by talking to Papa. I could always jabber with Papa. I could tell him everything and anything without fearing what he would say. It wasn't until a soft knock on the door disrupted our talk.

Mama opened the door slightly and stuck her head through the crack.

"How are you two doing? It's been quiet, so I thought I would check on you." She announced wearily.

"Good, just catching up," I answered happily.

"Good! I'm so happy!"

"Where is Dominic?"

"That's what I wanted to tell you; it looks like he might need to go back home," Mama mentioned quietly.

What could be going wrong now?

"Okay, let me say goodbye."

I looked at Papa, fighting the urge to roll his eyes at my comment. His lips curled at the sound of Dominic's name. This might be the reaction I'll be getting from now on. At least he's making an effort by not saying anything that will upset me.

Papa stood up with me before pulling me into another tight long-needed hug. I can't tell you how good it feels to be at peace with Papa again.

Dominic was waiting in the car by the time I was done saying my goodbyes to everyone. I could spot a scowl on his face from the front door. Whatever business is making us go must really be an annoyance to him. He didn't say much when I entered the car. He waited until I buckled my seat belt before speeding off the driveway.

We drove for about 5 minutes before I was forced to say something. Dominic was going 120 km/hr in a family neighborhood, and I'm sure the wild sparks and the smell of burning tires were coming from us.

"Dominic, either pull over or slow the fuck down! You don't need to be speeding because you're in a bad mood!" I snapped as I held onto the handle above my head. The scenery around us became a blur as we sped through the empty streets.

Dominic rolled his eyes but complied with my frantic request. He took his foot off the gas to bring the car down to the regular speed limit. My stomach started to unravel its stress knots when I could actually make out the environment around us.

"Thank you. Now tell me what's wrong."

"If I tell you, you need to understand that I have nothing to do with this. This is at no request of mine." Dominic growled as he weaved through the light traffic.