53

Time continued on as the days passed faster than one could imagine. After Chen and his army were banished to the Cursed Realm, life in Ninjago returned to normal. Actually, better than most days from time to time. The Serpentine were slowly integrating with the people above, though sometimes they would retreat to underground. The people were happily celebrating their Ninja protectors and lived their lives to their greatest.

And as for the Ninja, they continued to travel and help those in need no matter how difficult the challenge. After that battle some time ago, they had even become closer as a family. Especially with Lloyd and Anirei.

The two were almost inseparable after their previous battle and hardly ever left each others side for too long. Lloyd wanted to stay by Anirei's side because of his feelings towards her, and Anirei felt a desire to stay close to Lloyd, an invisible pull that tethered the two together tightly.

The Elemental dragons flew across the deep waters off the coast, a new mission being assigned to them to find a mutant Fangfish that was terrorizing the nearby coastal town and depleting their food supply of fish.

Kai laughed as he flew past Lloyd.

"Getting ahead of yourself, Kai?" Lloyd laughed, "I'm leading this charge."

Lloyd flew faster and passed Kai, even splashing him with water using his dragon's wing.

"That's one way to cool off a hot head." Jay teased.

"Hey! No one messes up my hair." Kai retorted and flew further towards Lloyd, dipping into the water and splashing everyone behind him. Zane coughed and spit up the salty water as it dripped off of him.

"Are you all right, Elder Brother Zane?" Anirei laughed.

"Affirmative." Zane smiled, "It'll take more than a little water to take me out."

"Oh, what about a big fish? Incoming!" Jay shouted as a large fish jumped out of the water, almost catching Zane in its large fanged jaw. Thankfully it missed and jumped right back into the water.

"There he blows!" Cole announced gesturing to the large fish.

"PIXAL says this is the one." Zane said, hearing PIXAL in his head and confirming the fish's identity.

"And now that he's taken the bait, let's reel him in and get him to the aquarium." Lloyd said and flew further to the front of the group, Anirei following close behind him.

"Let me guess, Kai. You caught one that big once?" Jay joked.

"Heck no. He was twice the size." Kai gloated before dodging the fish that sprung up behind him.

"He's almost as hungry as you, Cole."

"And twice as ugly as you, Jay."

Everyone laughed at the banter and Anirei laughed as well, flying closer to Lloyd and pointing out a fisher's boat in the distance.

"Ready to make the catch of the day, Lloyd?" She asked.

"You bet!" Lloyd nodded, "In line formation."

The Ninja all complied with the Green Ninja and flew in a straight line one behind the other as they flew over to the fisher boat.

"It's right behind us!" Cole shouted as they got closer to the boat.

"Now!" All of the dragon diverged from the formation just as the fish flew out of the water and landed on the boat, surprising the fisherman on the deck with the incredible catch rocking his boat.

"Now that's what I call hook, line and stinker." Jay laughed at his own joke. Anirei dismissed her dragon and landed on the boat right in front of the fisherman.