Chapter Fifteen

I'm literally going to shit myself.

It is so weird to be knocking on my coaches door rather than simply parked on the side of the road like I normally did every time I came around here. I had to stop myself from picking at my nails so instead I shifted my weight back and forth on the balls of my feet in anticipation. The sound of the door opening might as well have gave me a heart attack because I was definitely shitting myself now.

"Jackson I could heard you shuffling out here from inside, I'm not going to eat you- no let's pretend I didn't say that, you're underage." Coaches words died down quickly as he coughed. "NOT that I would if you weren't Jesus like no offense your hairlines a little far back and you just aren't a women but not saying there's anything wrong with liking men you just remind me of a lizard on steroids but only when your playing but not to be offensive-"

"Dad." My gaze shifted slightly from my coaches shoulder to look at Oliver who's expression was flat as ever as he listened to the words pour out of the other. I was so lost with everything the coach was saying, let alone being practically insulted by him that I've never been so grateful to see the dirty blonde. Coach is such a weird guy.

"Oh right sorry boys, I'll leave you to do... whatever you guys do." He shrugged his shoulders slightly moving forward out of the doorframe that had me shifting back to let him through. I watched him fumble with his car keys as he made his way down the driveway.

"Are you coming in?" Oliver questioned. A slight blush rose on my cheeks as I looked over at him not realizing I was frozen in place. On that note, I made my way into the home which was far less crowded and more organized than my own. I respectively took off my shoes placing them on the shoe rack.

"Are you thirsty?" The soft sound of Oliver walking toward the kitchen had me following after him.

"I was thinking wine?" I watched silently as Oliver stood on his tippy toes toward the cabinets before grumbling and hoisting himself up to reach them, grabbing a red bottle before hopping down. I raised my eyebrow in amusement as I watched him turn to face me.

"Do you always climb the cabinets Tarzan?"

"Says you big foot."

"Rather be tall than short."

"Rather have my balls attached than not and at your rate if you keep up the short jokes, yours won't be."

That made me choke on my spit with wide eyes. Did he just say that? The dirty blonde in-front of me was Oliver but his head was tilted and his lips were curved up in a small smirk watching my reaction that it had me questioning if this was actually him. When did he grow so confident?

"Who are you?" I questioned blinking at him.

"Depends who do you think I am?" He retorted, placing the bottle down on the counter gently as he leaned against the counter.

"Did you take your meds?"

"I did." He laughed which in return made me smile. "I'm also at home it makes me feel relaxed."

I hummed in response, my eyes following him as he grabbed the wine again. He nudged his head in the direction out of the kitchen and shuffled past me. Eventually we were seated in the living room on a bundle of blankets he must have put down before I came. Netflix was open and he tossed me the remote as he went to open the bottle.

"What do you want to watch?" I asked. My eyes were on the screen as I looked over all the categories. I looked over briefly to watch him take a swig, handing it off to me as he shrugged.

"Big mouth?"

"Definitely."

                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~