||36||

☆Chioma

"I think you should be going back, Oscar. Thank you for staying." The guy had been around since Buchi was put on a stretcher.

"Jordan is my friend. I care about him." He glanced at Buchi who raised his brows. "He's also my partner and roommate." A smile hung on his pale lips as he got up, his eyes sparkling. His body looked like it could break at any time. He walked to Buchi and rubbed his head. "I'll see you later Jody."

"It's Jordan."

"I don't care." Oscar laughed. It was what he then did that left my mouth wide open. He then turned and took my hand before placing a light kiss on it. "Stay safe. I'm leaving."

"Buchi what was that?" I asked my twin who looked in a daze.

"I have no idea. It's he is I guess." He shrugged.

"He goes around, randomly kissing people?"

"I dunno... I'm hungry."

"Me too. Should we order something?"

"I guess."

***

"Wow, your dress is so pretty!!!!" I turned around when I heard a squeal. Maryanne had come in through the other door.  "So nice. Why haven't you put it on?"

Because it wasn't the dress I was given! I was fuming inside. Had Kenneth switched the dresses? If he had, who was the other dress for? I heard knocking on my door. "Chioma, I mesigo?" I turned to Buchi for a moment then back at my dress.

"Hi." Maryanne waved cheerily. "You must be her twin brother."

"And..." Woah. I stared at Buchi with wide eyes. What was with his attitude? He didn't even spare her a glance.

"I'm her next-door neighbour, Maryanne." He hummed.

"You don't like the dress?" Did I not like it? The red dress was beautiful and it'd suit me but...I sighed. Disappointing.

"Go out. Lemme dress up."

"Your make-up?"

"I'll help with that." Maryanne chirped in. Buchi finally glanced at her before walking out. Cold. Really cold.

~
"So, who is your partner?" Buchi and I were in the elevator. I was done dressing up. Maryanne decided to wait for her partner.

"Did you have to ask?" Ge groaned. I poked him.

"Tell me."

"Jaelyn. That girl."

"So you asked her? You actually asked her?"

"Would I dare do such a thing? She did it herself. And in a way, I wouldn't be able to refuse." Ding! The elevator doors opened and we stepped out.

"Jody!!!!!!" Buchi hid behind me. "Are you here for me baby?" Baby? *E don reach that level?*

"Please go away. Go away." He chanted.

"Oh, hey Vivian." She greeted curtly. "Jody, I'm here. How do I look? Amazing right?"

"Buchi come out," I ordered.

"Yeah, yeah, you look stunning, erm...gorgeous, erm...beautiful." He said, adjusting his watch.

"Yayy!" She hooked her arm with his. "Then let's go. The ball has already started." And so I was left alone. My partner wasn't even here, nor did he send a text. I took my sweet time walking to the large hall.  Now the thoughts came...

Weren't there people who decided not to go?

Why wasn't I one of them?

Why waste all this time and energy?