Chapter 17: Blessedly Unblessed

You stared at the page unable to take your eyes off. You were in disbelief as you didn't think that you find this special book in a guest room.

"T-This is—" you paused, breathing in and out, "This is...the limited addition light novel of Rich Man Meets Funeral Consultant Special!"

You began mischievously giggling, "heheh they say this special book is very...explicit."

My, my, I'm such a perv~
Alright, y/n! Calm down, calm down!

Miko may or may not have known that you were secretly a perverted dirty-minded lady who enjoyed reading these light novels.
The sly fox suggested you this novel series but you only began to read it recently.

Rumor has it that this very exact copy that you're holding is quite hard to get a hold of since it was only available for less than a day and had limited copies.

Before you began reading the copy, you remembered Ayato's mockery:
"My, I didn't know you were into 'unholy' books."

Gah! This man even haunts me in my thoughts! Ugh, focus y/n, Ayato isn't here which means I can read in peace.

You began to read the special chapter:

"Sir Tartar you're going to be late for Madam Signora's funeral! I don't think is...mmh...appropriate..."
The man slowly kept kissing his consultant's neck, leaving wet———

Woah woah it's getting steamy and exciting!!
Oh man, when will I get to experience—I mean...

The door unexpectedly slid open, you could've sworn your heart stopped beating for a second.

"Mm, y/n?? What are you doing...?" Ayaka closed the door behind her. She started walking towards you.

Panic struck your face, leaving you to look like a bright red tomato, you kept your eyes down not wanting to look up.

"I didn't know you were a fan of this particular story." The daughter of the Kamisato Clan warmly smiled, she began to sit near you, observing your flushed face.

Once you collected yourself, you looked at her with ease. Her presence was like a calm lotus floating on still water.

"I've heard that the novel quickly gained popularity, especially in Liyue." you shrugged as you flipped through the pages. "I've also been informed this particular copy is relatively rare to acquire. I wouldn't have thought to see the novel randomly sitting on a shelf in the guest room."

Ayaka squirmed around, she began playing with her hands, unable to keep them still. She embarrassingly confessed that she was a fan of the novel just like you and that she asked Thoma to quickly buy the special copy before it was sold out.

Ayaka often worked closely with Miko primarily when it came to organizing festival affairs. Ayaka mentioned that Miko would convince her to read the newest novels but she wasn't a fan of them rather she spent the majority of her time reading poems until she stumbled upon Rich Man Meets Funeral Consultant.

"I'm a fan of the poems and references in that novel," said Ayaka. "Oh before I forget, Thoma said the tea was ready."

"I'm surprised he managed to make tea while the kitchen was brunt to a crisp."

"Haha, I wouldn't say that, our kitchen has seen worse," she giggled, "Luckily, after 'several accidents' Thoma bought a portable small stove just in case..."