. . ⇢ ͙۪۪˚┊❛ 𝑀𝑒𝑒𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔. ❜┊-𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲.ˎˊ˗ ꒰ ˚ ͙۪۪◌

"𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙤 𝙞𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝙄 𝙢𝙚𝙩 𝙤𝙣 𝙖 𝙛𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙛𝙪𝙡 𝙨𝙪𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜

"𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙤 𝙞𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝙄 𝙢𝙚𝙩 𝙤𝙣 𝙖 𝙛𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙛𝙪𝙡 𝙨𝙪𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜."┊͙ ୭̥⋆*。ˏˋ ꒰💫꒰ ࿐ ࿔*:・
(Meeting - Prologue: "And so it was you, I met on a fateful summer evening.")

"I haven't the slightest clue if I'm properly prepared to meet with the 9 Elder Clans and the Consul himself, mother. What if I stumble over my footing, or my diction is weak? Perhaps-"

"My dearest Y/N, you inherit your worry from your father. I assure you, none of that will happen today. All you must do is keep a proper stance, grace us with a genuine smile, and mind your manners. Do not fret."

I weakly grinned towards my mother, who held a proud look upon her features. I straightened my posture and inhaled deeply. Ever since the....unpleasantness, I've dealt with my fair share of anxieties. But the Province only thrives with a strong leader. The least I can do is exemplify one.
Grasping my golden pocket watch, I flipped it open with a flick of my finger and checked the time.

05:55 P.M.

They'll be here in 5 minutes. I must calm my nerves. To be completely honest, I was flabbergasted at the Consul's request of a meeting to pledge allegiance, but I accepted right away. For the good of Earthbread, I told myself.

𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗸 𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗸.

I make sure the fabric on my outfit isn't crumpled.

𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗸 𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗸.
I mess around with my hair in order to flatten any strays. Pesky task.

𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗸 𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗸.

I hum quietly, blinking slowly. Open, close, open, close. My long eyelashes (I wish I had those lol) fluttered up and down. Why did I describe it like that?...

𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗸 𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗸.

Voices, chatter, are heard from down the hall. I inhale once more and straighten up, folding my hands in my lap. Mother fiddles with her gloves while I adjust my (outfit accessory). The other council members are seated now, patiently waiting for the Crème Republic Representatives to arrive. Unfortunately, the entire Assembly of Leaders were unable to join us. Though, not that it would've mattered now, this is a private discussion after all.

𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗸 𝘁𝗶-

I quickly put my pocket watch away as the door opens. My mouth almost drops but I manage to keep my composure at the sight of the Consul and the 9 Esteemed Clans.
Canelé, Mille-feuille, Mulled Juice, Custard, Oyster, Vanilla Sugar, Bamkuchen, Caviar, Sablé, and the Consul in all of his refined glory: Clotted Cream Cookie.

"Lovely day, isn't it, Lady M/N? How do and your lovely daughter fare?" He asks, glancing towards me with a small smirk. My eyes widen a bit out of shock.

"Such a benevolent, young gentleman." My mother laughs, as everyone else does too. I clear my throat.

"We are doing well, esteemed Consul Clotted Cream Cookie. I thank you for your concern. It is rather a treat to see you all again."

"The feeling is mutual, Y/N Cookie." He nods, as they begin to take their seats.
"Now, reverting back to much more professional matters...the allegiance. If I may inquire, why do you propose we become allies all of a sudden?" Mother questions. I sit up more, eager to hear their reasons.

"Why, to strengthen our bond as Republic and Province. We have always remained on neutral terms, yet are so similar, are we not? We must band together, to purge Earthbread of the impeding corruption heading our way."

Oh, so he's just as intelligent, if not more, as they say, hm? Interesting.

Oyster Cookie nodded, a way of wanting to share her opinion with me. I waved my hand, giving her permission with a warm smile. She returned it.

"Y/N Cookie, you are to soon be coronated right? As you are the only heir?"

That reminds me of...her. I miss her. But the fountain— Ah wait.

"Oh? Yes, that is correct."

"Pardon my impoliteness, but might I add, the other reason why we wanted to become allies so suddenly was to allow you to become acquainted with our beloved Consul, Clotted Cream Cookie."

I choked up, not audibly, but I surely did.

"Aye. You're only a year younger than him, and the Dreamflourian Queen must have a king by her side, correct?" Captain Caviar Cookie queried. I nodded meekly.

"This could potentially connect and later expand our lands as a whole, across this whole continent." Canelé Cookie continued.

(Btw what Caviar means is that the Dreamflourian Queen (usually female) is the head ruler, with a male at her side as like a sidekick. No, I don't have anything against any males reading this, and it hasn't always been a female paired with a male. There HAS been multiple female couples, male couples, non-binary couples, etc. (since this is set in a much more modern era) ranging from all genders and sexualities. In the Dreamflourian kingdom, homophobia is nonexistent! >:)
I don't think it would've existed in cookie world anyways though. Sorry if this is confusing, continue! <3)

I blushed, and looked across at Consul Clotted Cream Cookie. His ribbons were floppy and disorderly, covering his reddened face. Or trying to. A rare sight to see. He noticed me staring and I quickly diverted my eyes, glancing down.

"All of what you said was correct. I definitely see the reasoning and validity of your points. However, we don't worry about pairings until next year. This is due to...my...sister..." I trailed off. Everyone audibly gasped.

"I....I sincerely apologize for your loss, Y/N Cookie. I empathize with your situation." The Consul said. Everyone else nodded and gave a long bow as an apology. My council stifled laughs and I shot them a playful glare. Their bowing needed improvement, but it was still very respectful and genuine nonetheless. Never said we bowed the same, after all, aha.

"Ah, no need to fret, it is alright. You had no clue, alas, it was my fault for letting my emotions interfere in a business environment. Might I share my insight?"
"Of course!" Sablé Cookie replied.

——————————————————————
Long story short, we came to a compromise, as our arguments were in similarity. My mother and the 9 Elders were chatting in the dining hall, as we cordially invited them to dine with us for supper. I was just about to join them when I felt a hand-no, ribbon on my shoulder.

"Hey Y/N Cookie. You forgot this." He chuckled. I turned around and saw the pocket watch. It must've fallen!

"Oh my, I'm such a klutz sometimes. Thank you very much, Consul Clotted Cream Cookie!"

His proud stance faltered as he stared at me. He then smiled.
"Just doing a good deed. Being generous pays off, hm?"

I nodded as he passed me, abruptly stopped while he was halfway out the door.

"How about this? We sit next to each other and each of our councils are on our respective sides...? That way they won't bicker, aha...also, feel free to call me Clotted Cream Cookie when outside of work."

I grabbed one of his ribbons tenderly and smiled. His mouth fell open a bit and I held back a laugh.

"I'd love that, Clotted Cream Cookie."

|| 𝙀𝙣𝙙~! ||