Chapter 24

An extra long chapter this one!

The 20th of September arrived with no signs at all of jb arriving any time soon. I hadn't had any pains at all except from the constant pain I had in my hips, I was still okay.

I had an appointment yesterday, where she checked my cervix to see if I was dilated at all. I'd been happy when she told me I was 2 cm's, but according to the Doctor, that's to be expected and nothing to get excited about just yet.
Mel, and Xavier had been hovering around me anxiously, annoying me to death. I know they meant well, but I'd love just a little bit of time to myself.

Carlos has been brilliant. I'd gone off food over the last few days, and he's been trying loads of new different thing's, hoping that I'd like the smell, and maybe eat some of it.
Earlier it had finally paid off. He'd been preparing the ingredients for chicken enchiladas, and I'd wondered in after my daily swim to the most delightful smell.

He'd been pleased, when I managed to eat most of what he'd cooked by myself; Mel and Xavier hadn't been so happy, after only managing to get one each, that had been left over after I'd eaten so much I felt like exploding.

Xavier hasn't been to work for over a week now, only doing what he needs through his computer in his study.
Mel's been keeping herself busy, out buying baby clothes for me, that I'd seen online and liked. Little jb, was now the proud owner of a closet full of clothes to wear until after he turned one.
Xavier had finally put his foot down, telling her to buy no more clothes. So she'd started buying baby shoes instead, just to pîss him off.

When she arrived home an hour ago, she'd dragged me upstairs to the nursery, and sat me down to show me the cute things she'd bought today.

I had to admit, they really were adorable.

"Aria, can I be in the room with you and Xavier when jb arrives? I've watched loads of birthing programme's on TV, and I'd like to be there to show you support." She asks me.
I  stare at her shocked, that she'd even want to be there, I know for a fact that Mel's no good at the sight of blood. And from what I'd read about, it got very bloody in the delivery room.

"I'll talk to Xavier about it, and let you know tomorrow, okay?"

She nods, and smiles at me and I decide to have a lay down while I'm up here, feeling tired.

Heading across to our room at around 7 p.m that evening I find Xavier getting changed into a suit and tie, and raise an eyebrow at him confused.
He comes over, and I help him with his tie automatically.

"Sorry, mio amore, I need to head into the office. That bîtch has finally fûcked up. She's screwed an important business deal for me, thankfully it's with Edward, one of my close friends so I can salvage it. I'll be back as soon as my meeting with him is over, ring me if anything happens, I have my phone on me and I promise to be here as soon as you need me." He replies, before kissing me and quickly rushing out the bedroom.

Laying down, I fall asleep thinking of our little jb.

************************************

I'm not sure what time I wake up, but it's dark and quite downstairs from what I can hear. Xavier isn't in bed either, and I need him.

I'd only woken up, because of the agonising pain that was currently spreading across my bump. Gasping, and trying not to scream, I wait for the pain to go before getting up to find Mel.

Getting to her room as fast as I could manage, I'm pleased to see her in bed.
Going up to her bed, I reach over and shrug her gently, trying to get her attention.

She startles, and stares at me looking scared, before she realises it's me and jumps up.

"Baby?" She asks quickly.