𝟏𝟎.

"𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐄! 𝐈'𝐌 𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐃." 𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐀𝐍𝐒,
taking a seat on Rosalie's bedroom floor, watching Octavia in Rosalie's lap. "Cordelia, I'm busy." Rosalie mumbles, reading a magazine, petting the cat at the same time.
So Cora stays quiet, laying down on the floor and moving her palm against the wooden floor panels.
Rosalie glances up at her every once and a while before shutting her magazine and squinting at her.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing. I'm just bored." Cora mumbles, admiring the pedicure that Alice gave her a few days ago.

"You know, you could go bother someone else." Ouch. That hurt.
Cora goes silent again, looking around the room. "I'll go in a second." Rosalie nods, going back to reading her boring ass magazine.

Cora hears Carlisle and Esme arrive back home but ignores them and runs out through her window, loving the feeling of the warm air smacking against her cheeks.

It was lovely outside. It was warm, and slightly overcast, but barely enough to hide the sun. Cora managed to find a spot where the sun could be seen. So she naturally lied down in the grass, letting the sun warm her sparkling skin.

She laid there for hours, watching as the earth rotated and the sun left her view. Although Cora liked living in Ithaca, Forks felt like home. She had time to think, which she didn't want to do.

Edward Cullen was somewhere, god knows where, drowning in his sorrow. She wished he was with them but she knows he wouldn't come back, wouldn't face his family. He had left without saying goodbye.

It made her sad. Sad to know that he would rather never see them again if his mate wasn't with him.
It's not like we mean anything to him anymore.
Isabella is probably in just as bad shape considering the last time Cora saw her. She had been so sad. depressed and it had only been a day.
I never should've said goodbye to her. My face made it worse.

"Gosh! I can't do anything right." Cora exclaims, pinching the bridge of her nose. It had been a few months since they had left and Cora still thinks about that night daily.
Cora is mad at Edward. She cares for Bella. She is like a sister to her, a best friend. But Edward had brought Bella into this world of supernatural creatures, gave her a purpose and then ripped it away.
He did her wrong and he knows that. But for some reason he doesn'tdoesn't care as much as he should.

Cora had friends at school, more friends than she's had in a long time. And it hurts her to know that she's never going to see them as long as they'll live.
I could always visit their graves after they pass.

"Cordelia." Cora shoots up, cursing herself for not paying attention and not hearing the incoming footsteps of Jasper.
"Yeah?" She looks around to realize that the sun had set, and the moon replaced the gap in the trees.
"Isn't it beautiful? It's weird to think that we're considered nothing in this huge universe. Just another floating rock."  Jasper glances up at the moon, furrowing his brows slightly.
"I guess." It goes quiet for a moment before Cora sighs, turning to look back at Jasper.

"Did you need something?" He looks down at her, his eyes a light topaz.
"The family went hunting." She huns, sensing he wanted to continue.
"I..."
"Jasper? Are you okay?"
He looks visibly stressed, which was new to Cora. He was always very reserved and uptight, a huge stick up his ass.
"I'm sorry. For attacking Bella." Cora's expression softens a bit.

"It's alright, I attacked her as well. It's not like we could control—"
"But I should've controlled myself. If Edward hadn't had reacted to me, you wouldn't have attacked. It was a chain reaction, caused by
me—" He's cut off my Cora's cold embrace, though it felt warm, cozy even. "It wasn't any of our faults, I realize that now. We shouldn't apologize for things we can't control."

Reluctantly, he grins, accepting her embrace. "I guess you're right."
"What? Of course I'm right. Have you seen me? Im always right!" Jasper rolls his eyes, pulling away from the embrace and patting her on the back harshly, which he knew she didn't like. She quickly fumbles to get his palm away from her back. "Sure you are."

"Jasper, I swear if you don't stop slapping my back I am going to rip your hand off!" He surrenders, a grin on his lips. But it soon disappears as he's pushed into the air, his brows furrowing. Cora's smirk grows as she watches him fall to the ground.

He snaps his head around, turning to look at her with squinted eyes. "You think you can beat me?" Cora sighs, looking at her nails with a bored expression as to irritate him. "Of course. Have you seen you?" She grins as he comes at her, a smirk on his face.

He goes to grab her arm but she swerves quickly. She brings her hand low in an attempt to push his ankles hard enough so he'll fall. Seeing as she wasn't looking at him, Jasper wraps his arms around her waist and hauls her over his shoulder, grinning as she gasps and squirms.

"Hey! That's not fair!" She squeals, slapping his back. He starts walking back to the house, the entire walk consisting of Cora's complaints.
"That's cheating! I said you couldn't pick someone up." Jasper furrows his brows. "No. I don't think you did say that."
"Well I did, and you're cheating so..."

"No."
"Yes."
"Nope."

"Yes! Jasper put me down." He doesn't reply, humming an old tune.

"I— I'm going to.." She pauses, thinking of what to say.
"You're going to what?"
"I'm telling mom!" She exclaims, watching as the house came into view. "You can't do that. I'm an adult." He defends, slightly offended at her threat.

"Jasper Whitlock Hale, I am going to tell mom on you." He sets her down, fearing the look of disappointment that would be seen on Esme's face.
"Aha!"
"That was cruel." He reprimands, pointing at her accusingly.
"Well what can I say? I am her favorite after all."  She skips towards the house, grinning to herself at her win.

"I'm still going to tell mom and dad!" He's in front of her in a second. "No! I put you down. Do you know how scary a disappointed Esme is?" He's practically on his knees, begging her not to tell on him.
"Hm. So much power at my disposal." She taps her chin, grinning down at Jasper.
"I'm just joking! I'm not going to tell her that you threw me!" Cora says loudly, switching the story so that he'll get in even more trouble.

She could hear the family coming home. Esme walks in to a funny sight. Cora smirking down at Jasper, who's on his knees.
Slowly, he turns his head to meet the disappointed eyes of Esme, wincing slightly.
"He threw me!" Cora accuses.
"Jasper, is this true?"

"I didn't throw her—"
"Carlisle is home. We will talk about this, now." She sighs, running into the other room. Before Jasoer follows, he points his finger at her.
"I'm going to get you back for this."
Cora laughs in his face.
"Sure, sure. I'll be waiting!"

a/n: this chapter is lowkey boring and just a filler

a/n: this chapter is lowkey boring and just a filler. took me so long to finish this.
written: 7/18/2022